PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread POST GAME THREAD: Week 3 - Patriots Beat the Jets 15-10

Immediate Postgame Reactions
This is my big concern for the season. The offense may improve somewhat throughout the year. But who trusts this offense to do anything in the clutch? They failed all 3 times the first 2 weeks to tie or win the games. They failed to run the clock out this week on multiple shots. All they needed was one first down. Too much is being asked of the defense
I don’t think Mac has that gotta have it guy. The Edelman. Maybe Douglas gets there, but he’s clearly not there yet.

You can scream all you want. But you can't make good WRs materialize out of thin air.

Unless you want to trade Gonzalez for one. Me, I don't want to do that.
Gonzo is the first pro bowl worthy draft pick in ages. i hope he really pans out and retires a patriot like McCourty.

He was also apparently a malcontent.

can you elaborate? after last season how can anyone on offense be malcontent. if you want to call someone malcontent from pure offensive standpoint , put it on Bill.

can you elaborate? after last season how can anyone on offense be malcontent. if you want to call someone malcontent from pure offensive standpoint , put it on Bill.
He was anti Patricia

Really ? Go back and read some posts . It’s akin to “they won- shut the **** up”
I think some people had had a long two weeks and wanted to enjoy the win. That’s not the same as not understanding why people are worried/angry. And we all know there’d be some posters angry even if we put up 70 points.

I think some people had had a long two weeks and wanted to enjoy the win. That’s not the same as not understanding why people are worried/angry.
So. No nuances. It’s win or lose and that’s it

I can get a bunch of 8 year olds to give me that

I live near Washington DC. They used to revel in their Super Bowl wins too. But they suck now. It happens to every single team. Now we’re this team and I still love when they win. And so far we’ve been in every game this season, so that’s something good.
next stop ... Foggggyyyy Bottom...

George Michael & his Sports Machine... when i was going to kollegde in dc, the 'skins were one of the top teams in the league... it was miserable

Last edited:
This is my big concern for the season. The offense may improve somewhat throughout the year. But who trusts this offense to do anything in the clutch? They failed all 3 times the first 2 weeks to tie or win the games. They failed to run the clock out this week on multiple shots. All they needed was one first down. Too much is being asked of the defense
There are a few factors working against mac and the offense:

1. Third system in three years with 3 different OCs.

2. An oline that was suspect at times last year and hasn’t had time to come together as a core group of 5. The bad 3rd throws are mac anticipating pressure and throwing too early in the route.

3. Pass catchers who either are not elite level or are not yet comfortable with mac and the offense to make the right route running decisions on key downs, particularly with pressure.

there is reason to believe all but the talent could improve. The overall play is fine. The reason we aren’t scoring more is that in pressure situations the oline, qb and receivers rarely all three do well enough to avoid a tough throw or sack. This could improve. All we need is 1-2 more plays to win these games or win them decisively against lesser opponents.

A caveat was that the same was true last year but I see a higher ceiling for the O based on its pretty good play in non high pressure situations. However, the D is even better this year and that may be enough with just 1 more good play or pressure completion from the offense.

Yeah, it's little early, but assuming no tie in tonight's game, I think the Pats are gonna be the 8th seed in the '23 playoff picture after Week 3. Just win, baby!

Yep sounds like good ole’ extended contract Trent Brown…..Yikes….. they will have a field day with that in the film room tomorrow
They did not extend his contract, thank god... they just paid him more... he's outta here after this year (i hope)

So. No nuances. It’s win or lose and that’s it

I can get a bunch of 8 year olds to give me that
Different people take different things from a win, clearly.

There are a few factors working against mac and the offense:

1. Third system in three years with 3 different OCs.

2. An oline that was suspect at times last year and hasn’t had time to come together as a core group of 5. The bad 3rd throws are mac anticipating pressure and throwing too early in the route.

3. Pass catchers who either are not elite level or are not yet comfortable with mac and the offense to make the right route running decisions on key downs, particularly with pressure.

there is reason to believe all but the talent could improve. The overall play is fine. The reason we aren’t scoring more is that in pressure situations the oline, qb and receivers rarely all three do well enough to avoid a tough throw or sack. This could improve. All we need is 1-2 more plays to win these games or win them decisively against lesser opponents.

A caveat was that the same was true last year but I see a higher ceiling for the O based on its pretty good play in non high pressure situations. However, the D is even better this year and that may be enough with just 1 more good play or pressure completion from the offense.

Im hoping they just need more time together, especially juju. And better ol can go a long way. It seems to be a recurring theme with this team though since 2021. Lots of fails in the clutch, lots of morale victories

Dolphins are looking serious. The only undefeated team in the AFC already after 3 weeks.
Scoring at a historic pace.
There's only going to be three 3-0 teams after Mon. Fins, 49ers & Eagles or Bucs
We've played 2 of them. Lets see how we do next week.

They are going to hit the wall. Scoring 70 was a dumb move, and now they're in the crosshairs of every team going from this point on.

next stop ... Foggggyyyy Botton...

George Michael & his Sports Machine... when i was going to kollegde in dc, the 'skins were one of the top teams in the league... it was miserable
I actually respect the hell out of the fans here that they still love their team despite the Snyder era.

The overall play is fine. The reason we aren’t scoring more is that in pressure situations the oline, qb and receivers rarely all three do well enough to avoid a tough throw or sack. This could improve. All we need is 1-2 more plays to win these games or win them decisively against lesser opponents.
If the Bolded part is true, the Italicized part is not.

The overall play is not fine. We scored 13 points on offense today. Thats not "fine" by any stretch of the imagination.

I don’t think Mac has that gotta have it guy. The Edelman. Maybe Douglas gets there, but he’s clearly not there yet.

Its tough for Mac not only what you pointed out, but the guards seem to get regularly beat in these moments too. He needs more support , period. I think this is the last real piece missing for us to become a factor again. We need to draft our gronk/edelman. Either that or mac becomes the 01-04 brady (thats asking alot, but its also not like asking him to be the 07-17 brady)

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back