PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread POST GAME THREAD: Week 3 - Patriots Beat the Jets 15-10

Immediate Postgame Reactions
i havent seen any updates on Godchaux and Ekaule's injuries, or Henry for that matter.. if those are serious that will hurt

at some point we'll get some reinforcements from PUP/IR, like Marcus Jones and Tyquan Thornton
I don't know about Jones - probably not until pretty late in the season. Having suffered a torn labrum, that one takes a while to recover from, and I wasn't tackling 200+ players. I tore it twice more after my initial surgery (ended up with two additional surgeries), just grabbing my car door the first time, and reaching back for something on the second. My wife was pretty annoyed with me because it extended my recovery each time I had to start over, and it got more and more painful as the third required a screw. It's just a frustrating thing to injure.

I don't know about Jones - probably not until pretty late in the season. Having suffered a torn labrum, that one takes a while to recover from, and I wasn't tackling 200+ players. I tore it twice more after my initial surgery (ended up with two additional surgeries), just grabbing my car door the first time, and reaching back for something on the second. My wife was pretty annoyed with me because it extended my recovery each time I had to start over, and it got more and more painful as the third required a screw. It's just a frustrating thing to injure.
I did it twice too, have the operation after the first one and took me a year to get back to normal but I'm not a professional athlete that had professional therapy to help me along, but it does take a while.

4th and 1 at midfield they punted with 10 minutes to go. So they were playing conservatively because they didn't respect Wilson and they didn't expect 3 straight flags from boneheaded plays to give the Jets another life. I mean, it was clear they weren't taking any risks whatsoever.
Bro we’ve scored 20, 17 & 13 points the last 3 games. What’s our record..??… I’ll wait……….That sh*t isn’t sustainable going forward.

I encourage the bush league play because the Jets tried to badly injure him twice, once when they grabbed him by the larynx and started choking him in the pile, and then when they threw him to the ground after the whistle. If this was hockey, that would be called retribution. Or in baseball you retaliate by throwing at a batter. Don't want your nuts hit? Then stop playing dirty.
If Mac gets fined for the tap or whatever it was then BB should send the tape in to the league showing what led up to that and demand fines or suspensions. I'm sure the league doesn't want open season on QBs.

I did it twice too, have the operation after the first one and took me a year to get back to normal but I'm not a professional athlete that had professional therapy to help me along, but it does take a while.

do we know if marcus had surgery?

he could play with the tear and just require pain management, and fix it in the offseason.......if he had surgery my guess is he'll be out longer than 4 weeks, but they may just be giving it 4 weeks and hoping he can go?

do we know if marcus had surgery?

he could play with the tear and just require pain management, and fix it in the offseason.......if he had surgery my guess is he'll be out longer than 4 weeks, but they may just be giving it 4 weeks and hoping he can go?
Report I read said he was not having surgery.

Bro we’ve scored 20, 17 & 13 points the last 3 games. What’s our record..??… I’ll wait……….That sh*t isn’t sustainable going forward.
I don't know what's so difficult to understand about this.

Have you not been watching Belichick the last 20 years?

With a 2 score lead he is NEVER going to take risks. I don't know any other way to put it: 4th and 1 at the opponents 45. What do you do? PUNT.

If you think that decision didn't have everything to do with the Jets and Zach Wilson, I don't know what to tell you.

With a 2 score lead he is NEVER going to take risks. I don't know any other way to put it: 4th and 1 at the opponents 45. What do you do? PUNT.

If you think that decision didn't have everything to do with the Jets and Zach Wilson, I don't know what to tell you.
That and the lack of scoring does have something to do with the fact it's poured in two out of the three games so far this year, along with the fact they haven't been able to run it that much with any success until this past weekend.

they were essentially playing to protect a lead the entire game, forcing the Jets to make something happen and not make mistakes

it ultimately ended up working out

We've delt with 1-2 weeks of people going on and on about how stats are for losers, and all that matters is if a QB gets you wins.. We finally get a good win against a divisional opponent on the road, down tons of key players to injury, and now people are complaining that the stats werent good enough in the win?

It is not quite as cut and dried as never. Your statement is accurate when BB has confidence in the defense and time is in the Pats favor regardless of QB. There was the infamous time he went for it on 4th and 2 against Indy in 2009 because he did not think that the defense could stop Payton.

Ate they going to be playing in huge rain storms for 2/3rds of the rest of their games?
People have been all over Stevenson for that early drop...which I don't get. I mean, people should have found it strange he even dropped it, so I sort of can't believe no one pointed out that it started absolutely pouring right before that snap. They pointed it out on the broadcast and you could visually see it, so I don't understand why no one mentioned that on either station yesterday. Now, they're suddenly questioning Stevenson vs Elliott ... it's so bizarre.

they were essentially playing to protect a lead the entire game, forcing the Jets to make something happen and not make mistakes

it ultimately ended up working out

We've delt with 1-2 weeks of people going on and on about how stats are for losers, and all that matters is if a QB gets you wins.. We finally get a good win against a divisional opponent on the road, down tons of key players to injury, and now people are complaining that the stats werent good enough in the win?
Bro I’m not being a negative Nancy. I’m happy we won, whatever the score is/was. All I’m saying is we need to improve our offensive output moving forward. An average of 16 ppg ain’t gon’ cut it…I’m sure everyone can agree with that.

Bro I’m not being a negative Nancy. I’m happy we won, whatever the score is/was. All I’m saying is we need to improve our offensive output moving forward. An average of 16 ppg ain’t gon’ cut it…I’m sure everyone can agree with that.
yea it needs ot get better

Thornton could really help this offense out by stretching the field, would be nice to get him back.. theyre so close a lot of times, if they can just clean some stuff up it will reflect on the score board

• He did enuff to win but they lost not his fault

• He didnt play well but he wun cuz the gameplan so good enuff
Lost games by inchez shouldn’t count. Wun game by inchez thatz futball.

The receivers

The OC

The rain tho

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back