PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Rams @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
This defensive performance depending on some other games will likely have the Pats top 10 in yards, passing yards, rushing yards and they'll be at least top 2 in points allowed, could be #1 depending on what Seattle does tonight

tom-brady-dancing-gif.gif

Gotta learn how to stretch the field more, otherwise it was an efficient day.

Congrats to tommy. Rams are god awful. I wonder if st louis misses them lol. Worthy test coming up.

Did Bill shake Fisher's hand?

On defence they really exploited the lack of experience by Goff. He struggled massively with the variety of pressures thrown at him. Too bad Butler allowed this huge gain on 4th and 11 in garbage time. Less than 100 yards allowed would have been nice, and a record for the Patriots under Belichick.

Stayed away from the game thread to enjoy the game more.

Pretty happy with our defense. Most of what the moron FOX announcers called drops were actually situations where the pressure from our DBs directly caused the ball to go incomplete.

Also more or less happy with our offense. After being up by 2-3 scores there was no reason to run anything risky anymore. It wasn't record setting pretty but it didn't need to be. Another very encouraging showing by Mitchell and Lewis.

Brady looked better than in the last few weeks so hopefully he will be close to 100% for the next two games.

Finally, a nice way to give Ghost some in-game reps. Not much to be upset about..

On defence they really exploited the lack of experience by Goff. He struggled massively with the variety of pressures thrown at him. Too bad Butler allowed this huge gain on 4th and 11 in garbage time. Less than 100 yards allowed would have been nice, and a record for the Patriots under Belichick.

To be fair I kinda love it when we give up some really meaningless garbage scores/completions like that. It keeps the fire going and prevents people getting to comfortable. There is nothing better in terms of teaching moments than a blowout win but on a negative note for your defense.

Last edited:
Forgot to say it. I really hope Dola is longterm ok. Even if he has to sit out a 1-2 games I really, really hope he is not hobbled until the end of the year like last year.

Similarly, I will have to check the stats but it felt like they managed Bennett today fairly well. Not too much exposure where he was at risk aggravating his injury. But might just be a wrong impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST