PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible Patriot: John Thornton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSal45

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Granted, d-line isn't a big need. But in this article, Thornton talks about visiting the Patriots the last time he was a free agent in 2003, about Bill Belichick and says "who wouldn't want to play for New England?" about this time around in free agency.

Scout.com: Free Agent Spotlight: DL John Thornton

J D Sal

Last edited:
I can remember when this guy was panned pre-draft by so many so-called scouts harping on all the things he couldn't do, and here he is with a 10 year NFL career.

When I think of this guy, and players like Adalius Thomas, I'm reminded that there are a lot of really good players to be taken later in the draft.

Well, he was a 2nd round choice. But you're right, he has had a very solid career. He'll be 33 at the start of next season. If he wants to go to a winner like the Pats, as he says, I'd have no problem signing him for 2 year $3 million contract.

J D Sal

That's a nice interview (thanks for posting). He sounds like a really good guy; I'd love him to be a Patriot, but I'll look out for him wherever he ends up.

Well, we have Titus Adams and LeKevin Smith on the 53 man squad as of now. Seymour, Wilfork and Green are all only signed through this year. Wright is an unsigned free agent.

I would not say that the defensive line was not a big need.

Successful players with a little bit left, looking for to play for a team with a chance for a Super Bowl, always have a home in New England if they are willing to sign a lower than market contract. Thornton would make a fine addition. I'm sure that his agent has called the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back