PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
1) I think this is probably the most complete game the offensive line played all season. Decent protection, good run blocking, no sacks, just one false start. Nice.
2) Cassel gets better every game. Plays within himself, doesn't make mistakes. Shows the promise of having a great arm, with ability to go deep (if the coaches let him, and the receivers could catch the ball).
3) BJ Green-Ellis played well. We will have great RB depth next year, and even later this year.
4) The defense was stout. Sure, the secondary is extremely frustrating, but the Pats held the Colts to 18. Four times out of five, that's a W.
5) Gostkowski continues to be money.
6) The linebacking corps is finally getting faster and younger. Mayo and Guyton look great out there, even if they are stuck playing behind a lethargic defensive line.

For a defense that's seen as old and busted, I think we've got a lot to look forward to in the future. Mayo & Guyton are going to be ridiculous if they can improve a little in coverage and learn from Tedy's experience, and we have a young, hungry secondary.

I agree. I feel better about this loss than I can think of feeling after a loss in recent memory. The team showed a me a lot and basically handed Indy the game. Frankly, the Pats should be feeling better about themselves than the Colts in that game.

The reality though is when playing teams like Indy, this Pats team has very little margin for error (i.e. Gaffney drop, Thomas penalty) and will have big time trouble overcoming critical mistakes.

Biggest positive is that it was a regular season game. If we lose a playoff game like that it would fall right in with the last 3 seasons of getting kicked in the f****** nuts.

Cassel has my full confidence, as long as he doesn't catch playoff jitters we can beat any team when the playoffs come. The defense will improve and BB won't look like Herm Edwards back in on the east coast.

This was an eminently winnable game and in uncharacteristic fashion the Patriots did something they seldom do, beat themselves. Most unusual part of it was the HC was one (and potentially the costliest) of the reasons. That is beyond rare.

This was an eminently winnable game and in uncharacteristic fashion the Patriots did something they seldom do, beat themselves. Most unusual part of it was the HC was one (and potentially the costliest) of the reasons. That is beyond rare.

They're entitled to do that every once in a while.

It's just that we've become so accustomed to it not happening, that on the rare occasions when it does, we're surprised by it.

They're entitled to do that every once in a while.

It's just that we've become so accustomed to it not happening, that on the rare occasions when it does, we're surprised by it.

Well said and it really IMO explains what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News