PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poor Squirrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
A WR like Edelman can benefit any QB.

Welker in 2007 (Brady): 112 catches
Welker in 2008 (Cassel): 111 catches
He can singlehandedly beat zone almost every time. That's a huge security blanket and half of what Jarrett needs.

We just need someone who can beat man coverage when Jules is doubled. Between Harry and our new TEs, we have a "so-so" chance at finding one.

I think it's gonna be pretty cool to see Jules step up and be the big brother now.

He can singlehandedly beat zone almost every time. That's a huge security blanket and half of what Jarrett needs.

We just need someone who can beat man coverage when Jules is doubled. Between Harry and our new TEs, we have a "so-so" chance at finding one.

I think it's gonna be pretty cool to see Jules step up and be the big brother now.

Edelman might be the most popular athlete on a Boston team right now.

I’m ok either way. Edelman has been worth his pick & salary hundreds of times over and he’s made some of the more clutch plays of this most current SB run. If he left, it would change nothing of that.

However, he is a WR in his mid 30s and while he isn’t breaking the bank, he isn’t free. He’ll be a valuable asset to NE this Fall and Stidham will be glad they held on to him.

I’m ok either way. Edelman has been worth his pick & salary hundreds of times over and he’s made some of the more clutch plays of this most current SB run. If he left, it would change nothing of that.

However, he is a WR in his mid 30s and while he isn’t breaking the bank, he isn’t free. He’ll be a valuable asset to NE this Fall and Stidham will be glad they held on to him.
However if 2 to 4 of the UDFAs light it up and build rapport with whoever our QB is then trading him for a injury situation to replace depth.
Or if you could a third rounded or higher.
I would consider it.
As far as Sanu my ideal situation is he isn't on the team.
However if he is that his contract is written in crayon on a napkin.

Really pulling for all the UDFAs I think we got some interesting talent there.

However if 2 to 4 of the UDFAs light it up and build rapport with whoever our QB is then trading him for a injury situation to replace depth.
Or if you could a third rounded or higher.
I would consider it.
As far as Sanu my ideal situation is he isn't on the team.
However if he is that his contract is written in crayon on a napkin.

Really pulling for all the UDFAs I think we got some interesting talent there.
Not really sure were the 2020 Patriots will end up, but I’m pretty sure First round playoff loss is the ceiling... so I’m more concerned with “can Edelman produce enough to help the young QB develop/succeed”.

As long as vets stay positive (like Slater & DMac have so far), they are useful to a team that needs to develop young talent.

If somebody would overpay for Edelman I'd move him off the team. At this point he's an aging asset with a long injury history who never started 16 games. Time does not make his prognosis improve.

If Belichick could move Richard Seymour when he still had gas in the tank, Edelman is theoretically expendable too.

Jules seems committed to the pats. That shows great loyalty, ive become an even bigger fan after gronk weaseled his way over there and im sure its very tempting for him to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents