PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Should the Pats man their draft booth during the 1st round?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Patriots man their Draft table during the 1st round of the 2016 NFL draft?

• No: Screw Goodell let ESPN show the empty booth all night

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • Yes: For the good of the 32

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • No: place those monkey's playing cymbols toys in the chairs

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Yes: with deflated footballs

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cost to get into the first round, in addition to the actual pick(number 29) used to select the player.

Value wise pick 28 starts at 660

The patriots first selection(60) is worth 300

Obviously these are all just numbers, none of it really means anything, but if other teams were going to make the patriots pay straight up value for value it would take
both the patriots second round picks(60+61) in addition to probably our third round pick(91) to move up to the 28-26 area, which then gets forfeited and the patriots then drop down to 29.

So here is the Rub, a player might fall, but the patriots then don't get the chance to move up and take him when he is available, the patriots get to move up in the hopes that he will still be there 1-3 picks later.

In short, any thought that the patriots will be trading into the first round this year are insane, and those people should consult a mental help facility.

As Kontra said this isn't a draft worth trading into the first and I think most discussion of it is purely as a f.ck you to the league. On the other hand the cost to go up to #32 is not that bad the question is it there is anyone worth the price (both seconds=600 points=#32). Last year Malcolm Brown dropped all the way to them at #32 and we have seen Wilfork and others drop to them. As much as I would love to see the FU to the league and a trade to #32 it doesn't make much sense and its really unlikely. However if there is a player they have Gronk love for is available in the mid 40'si could see using a second and third to go up and get them. Imo there is a good chance of this happening because it's a very uncertain and fluid draft and I think teams will have very different rankings with more emphasis on need across the board.

NO! They should leave an FU SIGN IN THE BOOTH INSTEAD!!

NO! They should leave an FU SIGN IN THE BOOTH INSTEAD!!

I like it, but an improvement would be to spell out this message:

Forfeited Unfairly Roger!

Just use a much larger bold font for the "F" and the "U".

Just a placard stating:

"Brady for Commish
-2017-
Bring integrity to the league again"

They already got a ton of first rounders through free agency, McClellan, Long, Cooper, and Donald Brown. Screw the draft's first round.

The first round should go right into Goodell's brainpan....ooops...oh wait, I misunderstood..nevermind..sort of

Showing contempt at the draft will just stir the pot more in all the wrong ways. Fight deflategate with Brady's trial and in the press - this type of thing just feels like it will make the Pats look classless. That's the Colts job, not ours.

Showing contempt at the draft will just stir the pot more in all the wrong ways. Fight deflategate with Brady's trial and in the press - this type of thing just feels like it will make the Pats look classless. That's the Colts job, not ours.
Lighten up, Francis.

colts style- 2016 nfl draft participants.

I'd like to see BB troll the NFL* on day 2 and say that the player they get at #60 was rated higher than #29 on their board, and the Pats would have drafted him at #29 if they still had the pick.

Even if it wasn't true I'd like to have him say that just so that we could see the display of opposing owners' fans' and Omissioners' heads exploding.

Last edited:
LOL...and when the doll starts to deflate Raj can give it a little blow instead of Julie Hagerty.....or have Raj's wife do it.

autopilot_1-jpg.12569

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand