PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian says Jax loss was his "worst loss since the one in Foxboro 2003"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonia3333

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Listening to the Bill Polian show today from the audio section on colts website. Here are some of his quotes:

"This race is going 17 weeks.......But all is not lost. There are ways to improve as the weeks go forward. We played in many respects to win. We didn't and that's tremendously frustrating and hurtful. I can't think of a worse night I've had after a ballgame since the loss in Foxboro in 03, interesting enough with the same referee in the game. "

"The record book says L. If it weren't for one decision, we would be sitting here talking about being 2-1, and how we are going to improve the run defense. "

'I'm not going to hold Freddy Keiaho accountable for something he didn't do. He did the right thing."

"Bob Sanders usually doesn't play a full season traditionally. We are used to that."

"This run of injuries and bad luck we are having right now occurred in our Super Bowl year in December. As the Giants proved last year this is a marathon, not a sprint. The power ratings today won't equal the power ratings next Monday."

Are you serious? How can one man with his stature complain so much about the calls in a game? I really hope someone in the media calls him out, not that they will.

As usual, if anyone from the Pats did this, from Kraft to one of the players to a waterboy they'd be crucified and mocked by everyone in the media.

What about the one in Jan 2005 (2004 playoffs) when they brought in one of the best offenses ever and scored 3 points?

What about the one in Jan 2005 (2004 playoffs) when they brought in one of the best offenses ever and scored 3 points?

He means that he feels his team was robbed this past week like he felt they were robbed in 2003.

The funny thing is, he is such a hypocrite he is actually arguing against the same call he wanted made back in 2003.

He means that he feels his team was robbed this past week like he felt they were robbed in 2003.

The funny thing is, he is such a hypocrite he is actually arguing against the same call he wanted made back in 2003.

Ah yes, you're right. He used that game to modify the pass defense rules, the same ones he's complaing about here. Good point.

He does realize that if Del Rio decides to kick a field goal instead of going for it on 4th and 2 from the 11, the one call is moot? He does realize that they were lucky to get out of Minnesota with a win? He does realize that if Visanthe Shiancoe doesn't drop a pass right to him in the end zone, the Colts would be 0-3 and we would be talking about a team in major crisis.

I actually think it was a bad call but here's the thing Polian's own whining about 03 got him this call. Karma's a ***** Billy.

Well, he's probably thinking that since he had the power to change it he has the power to change it back whenever he sees fit.

He is, after all, the God of Football.

Polian should think back to how the Refs almost ROBBED the Steelers a few years ago.

Anyone remember Troy Polamalu intercept Manning? They even reviewed the play and STILL got it wrong.

Good thing Pittsburgh still beat them despite bad officiating. That wouldve been the biggest robbery in NFL history.

Last edited:
Are you serious? How can one man with his stature complain so much about the calls in a game? I really hope someone in the media calls him out, not that they will.

As usual, if anyone from the Pats did this, from Kraft to one of the players to a waterboy they'd be crucified and mocked by everyone in the media.

They won't call him out. They didn't last year when he praised the refs for calling a great game vs. the Pats because all the bad calls went in the Colts' favor. In particular the phantom PI call on Hobbs that set up a TD. Everyone in the country saw bad calls except him and Mike Periera (who's explaination for why it was PI didn't explain why his supposive point where he felt Hobbs made contact for PI was a good 5 yards away from where they actually spotted the ball).

They won't call him out. They didn't last year when he praised the refs for calling a great game vs. the Pats because all the bad calls went in the Colts' favor. In particular the phantom PI call on Hobbs that set up a TD. Everyone in the country saw bad calls except him and Mike Periera (who's explaination for why it was PI didn't explain why his supposive point where he felt Hobbs made contact for PI was a good 5 yards away from where they actually spotted the ball).

I think we (well, we already knew, but the rest of the league should be) are seeing how insane it was to let Polian have the kind of influence where he could get a rule changed. It's incredibly biased and it allows him to get into the heads of every ref in the league.

On a seperate note I really like this thread. I'm tired of arguing with fellow Pats fans.

Listening to the Bill Polian show today from the audio section on colts website. Here are some of his quotes:

"This race is going 17 weeks.......But all is not lost. There are ways to improve as the weeks go forward. We played in many respects to win. We didn't and that's tremendously frustrating and hurtful. I can't think of a worse night I've had after a ballgame since the loss in Foxboro in 03, interesting enough with the same referee in the game. "

"The record book says L. If it weren't for one decision, we would be sitting here talking about being 2-1, and how we are going to improve the run defense. "

'I'm not going to hold Freddy Keiaho accountable for something he didn't do. He did the right thing."

"Bob Sanders usually doesn't play a full season traditionally. We are used to that."

"This run of injuries and bad luck we are having right now occurred in our Super Bowl year in December. As the Giants proved last year this is a marathon, not a sprint. The power ratings today won't equal the power ratings next Monday."
send this to florio. he gets along well with polian.:rolleyes:

Ah yes, you're right. He used that game to modify the pass defense rules, the same ones he's complaing about here. Good point.

That's hilarious:D
He still just doesn't get it-mind boggling!

The douce needs to watch the tape of the refs' rapeage of the Patriots in the 2006 AFCCG, when Caldwell was tackled in the end zone before the ball reached him - PI ? No, no way. Kiss my ass, Polian, I hope you have many sleepless nights to come.

I'd gotten over my Colts/Polian disdain a couple of years ago but I feel a relapse coming on:p

I actually think it was a bad call but here's the thing Polian's own whining about 03 got him this call. Karma's a ***** Billy.

I disagree with that being a bad call. The guy ran right into the receiver, never looked back for the ball and the ball was in the air. That Pass Interference far more correct then the one call last year against Hobbs.

I can't think of a worse night I've had after a ballgame since the loss in Foxboro in 03, interesting enough with the same referee in the game. "
"

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/29572/IND_Gamebook.pdf

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/26650/NE_Gamebook.pdf

Uh, I'm not so sure. The game in 2003 ( if he's referring to the playoff game was officiated by Walt Coleman. This past Sunday's game was done by James Coleman. See the links..............
And if he was referring to the regular season when McGinest stopped edgerin, that was officiated by Bill Leavy

Last edited:
Polian is a whiner and complainer. Those are the same reasons that I despise the Chargers. Both groups are great frontrunners, but they are whiners when losing.

When Curran wrote of Polian screaming for his team to break Flutie's leg, that is when I had enough. The dictator Goodell needs to shut these clowns up.

I disagree with that being a bad call. The guy ran right into the receiver, never looked back for the ball and the ball was in the air. That Pass Interference far more correct then the one call last year against Hobbs.

Yeah, I agree. Just because they accidentally bumped into each other doesn't not make it PI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back