PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Playsheets from Hotels."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look there's obviously a "where there's smoke there's fire" thing going on here.

I really hate this saying because it is simply wrong. If there is smoke coming from multiple independent sources there might be fire. But if all the smoke is being produced by the very same idiots - again and again - without any shred of proof over years then it is just smoke.

People really need to watch the Documentary (no longer a movie) "Idiocracy". It's becoming reality right before our eyes.

It's hard to really assess to what extent people buy into this foolishness. Are they really this dumb? Are they just yanking your chain? And are the non-fans who agree that this is really stupid just being diplomatic?

The problem with people in general (and this is especially true in the USA) is they too readily believe anything told to them by a perceived authority figure (even if it is patently ridiculous or demonstrably untrue). This seems to include anything they hear on TV or glean from newspaper headlines.

Objective, critical thinkers are few and far between these days. The few of them who do exist rarely get public platforms or are ironically dismissed as "kooks."

Last edited:
i've worked as a freelance journalist in the past and there are parts of that ESPN report that an editor who works on foreign policy or 'hard news' would never, EVER let slide. i'd get a draft back with a red comment box that said "How would they get the playsheet from a hotel room? What does 'rummage around' a hotel actually mean?"
Not to mention, an editor insisting on some sort of verification of your source. "Gee Mr. editor I read it on some guys blog on the Internet, who cites someone else, who cites someone else, who is reporting triple hearsay" really shouldn't cut it for a true journalist.

It doesn't make any sense. For there to be anything to this a Patriots employee would have had to get the play sheet prior to the game. If you leave your play sheet lying around before the game for someone to take then you asked for it.

I really hate this saying because it is simply wrong. If there is smoke coming from multiple independent sources there might be fire. But if all the smoke is being produced by the very same idiots - again and again - without any shred of proof over years then it is just smoke.

In this analogy, ESPN is a smoke machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back