Welcome to PatsFans.com

Players the Pats spoke with.

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Box_O_Rocks, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

http://www.nextlevelscoutinginc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=0

Numbers by college position:
    12 OL: 3 OC, 2 OG, 7 OT
    09 WR:
    08 CB:
    08 DE:
    07 DT:
    06 QB:
    06 S:
    06 LB
    04 RB:
    03 K/P:
    01 TE:
  2. bosfan

bosfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It will be interesting to reflect on this as well as after combine interviews. Will always remember when Red Aurbach scouted Dave Cowens at Florida state and walked out before the first half was over - he snookered everybody........
  3. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

The Pats spent a lot of time last year on players with questions on their resumes.
  4. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

I find it interesting that the Patriots spoke to 6 QBs. I also find it interesting that they only spoke to 1 TE.

I think its no surprise that they spoke to a ton of offensive players (O-line and WR) though they also spoke to a ton of Defensive players as well, including 15 Defensive linemen.

Its interesting to note that the Pats did NOT Speak to Manny Lawson, Mathias Kiwanuka, Tamba Hali, Michael Huff, Lawrence Maroney, and a host of other hot names that seem to be floating amongst us pats fans.

It will be REALLY interesting to note who they talk to at the Combine and then Pro-Days and then compare the 2 lists with the players they draft to see if there is a pattern.
  5. KDPpatsfan

KDPpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I seem to remember BB talking about how they had drafted players before that they had not interviewed...
  6. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thats exactly right I think its just a smoke screen.
  7. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

why would it be a smokescreen? what youre suggesting is that the pats dont interview players they have an eye on? i mean when youre interviewing 100 players chances are who you didnt interview will stick out more then who you did interview
  8. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Speaking with a player doesn't mean the player impressed during the interview. Besides, the Pats have 9 picks and have already interviewed 12 O-linemen alone. What it does show is areas where they are screening the most players.
  9. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Younever really know what's going on. Isn't that what makes the draft soooooo greeat!? In all seriousness though. I am sure there are alot of players out there that BB and Co. probably feel that they know enough about. Through either gametape, interviews, or info from inside contacts. Just because they don't interview a guy, it doesn't mean they are not interested in drafting him. Also, don't forget what that article stated. Some of those guys couldve been brought in to merely be asked ?'s about other guys. Ahhhh, I love the draft. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  10. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

What I do know from Patriot Reign is that the Pats do rely on their scouting staff and coaches they know to interview players when they are scouting them and that the Pats rely on those interviews as well as interviews done by Pioli and BB.
  11. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Damn, that was a good book. Wasnt it? I am still surprised that they even let some of that stuff get published.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.