PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plan for the next 30 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I fear it's going to be a little lonely around here the next day and a half. I heard there's some holiday or parade or something going on in the gentile community this Wednesday. Wednesday Day?

So what say all of my fellow tribe members meet up at the movies (we own the industry, after all) and hit the Kowloon buffet afterwards? I heard that half of Edelman will be there.

Anyone have Josh Miller's number?

camel.jpg

You'll never schlep alone :D

I fear it's going to be a little lonely around here the next day and a half. I heard there's some holiday or parade or something going on in the gentile community this Wednesday. Wednesday Day?

So what say all of my fellow tribe members meet up at the movies (we own the industry, after all) and hit the Kowloon buffet afterwards? I heard that half of Edelman will be there.

As a semi-lapsed Catholic with Irish roots who is entertaining my wife's family tomorrow, I'm already about "Christmased out.". Any room at the Kowloon for a heretic?

As a semi-lapsed Catholic with Irish roots who is entertaining my wife's family tomorrow, I'm already about "Christmased out.". Any room at the Kowloon for a heretic?

Anyone with as cool a name as yours is always welcome.

Anyone with as cool a name as yours is always welcome.
Blame "Late for the Sky" and "The Pretender", plus the common nickname for those of us fortunate enough to be baptized with a slang term for the toilet. How romantic...

Josh Kline wants to know if he's invited.

Kris K'iygel? ;)

L'chaim to PJ and all my Jewish friends...

and to my Irish brethren.....*burp*......Erin no bra!...just what I wanted on the 1st day of Christmas....and a hooker in a pear tree....

General Tsos on Wednesday :rocker:

But I have no idea what movie to go see...I am a Tolkien nerd and haven't seen the new Hobbit yet. Hmmmmmmm...

I'm thinking aBout just watching A Christmas Story nine times today. One down, eight to go...

Skiing in the French Alps in a filthy gale and whiteout this morning. Just about to put on my Patriots hat, go and buy a ridiculously over-priced bottle of champagne and then to my friend's apartment to help her cook a proper Christmas dinner (turkey, sprouts, Christmas pudding, stilton) for ten people in space designed for about two. I have my principles, of course, but trading that for lousy Chinese food? You must be kidding.

I only have to celebrate half of Christmas (50% Jewish) so I can attend half the festivities.

I'm thinking aBout just watching A Christmas Story nine times today. One down, eight to go...

True Christmas story. My family had a Flower shop for about 60 years that closed a couple years ago. My youth was much closer to "It's a wonderful Life" era than to the present, because I'm "seasoned" (old).

One Christmas when I was younger than ten (I was selling Christmas trees at ten) there was a snowstorm Christmas eve and we were even more behind than usual with deliveries. We would usually grab friends or family for extra help and a few bucks if they would take it, but this was down to my father, a snowstorm and, as it turned out, me.

As co-pilot, I had the map and flashlight, also knocked the snow off mailboxes looking for numbers and even delivered a few. It was slow going as the snow wouldn't let up and it was pitch dark at the end.

Finally, we finished and My dad didn't head home, but asked if I was hungry. Sure. Everything everywhere was closed in those days, but we pulled up to the Liberty Deli, just over the Dorchester line near Milton Lower Mills.

I'd never been in there before, but My mother always brought home deli on Sunday so I was familiar. Never saw those huge sandwiches before, though and a room full of people talking politics (not commonplace in my Irish neighborhood. Politicians were only discussed when you needed something and somebody knew one and not in front of the kids).

Although I took some kidding and condescension, it was my first memory of being in a different grown up world. Fast forward about 8-10 years and I get a job as a a vendor at Fenway park and find a kid in my high school that's a vendor too and finds a legal space for his VW bug there everyday, so I catch a ride with him for a while. Turns out he's the son or nephew of the owners of the deli and his brother is the program and souvenir vendor (highest on the pecking order) He quit after a while, but i still remember his name (pretty good since i don't remember a lot these days.

Funny how i remember that more than most Christmases. Always enjoyed getting out of my insular Irish Catholic suburb. These days everybody would be at some sandwich chain that looked the same no matter what part of the country it was in.

Happy Holidays Patjew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents