PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pink all over the field on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another point for Moss. I really wonder when the jerks in the media like Felger and Callahan are going to give Moss his due.

Ochocinco said on PTI he plans to get fined for wearing too much pink, "probably done in by the chinstrap," and will match the fine and donate it to charity.

lol

NFL Network journalists will be wearing something "pink" on Sunday to support the cause .

...it's hard not to wonder how so much money is leading to so little progress.

Short answer: Do you see healthy people in hospitals?

The answer lies within the question.

----

Their marketing plan is interesting fwiw... but big pharma is a racket.

Yup, I hope we beat cancer like a rented mule. I really hope cancer has feelings so it hurts when we kill it.

Yeah, big pharma is a "racket". They could cure it but they don't. Any evidence of that? Why don't you cure it if it's so easy?

I think it's a little stupid. I mean sure, everyone WANTS there to be a cure for something like breast cancer. What about strokes, diabetes, PROSTATE cancer (why do you never hear about the death due to that? Is it because men aren't PC), etc. etc. etc.

Why are there so many diseases which are at the back of the bus when it comes to publicity or funding? While the glamorous ones, breast cancer and AIDS, are at the front?

If October is breast cancer awareness, can November be "high blood pressure" awareness? See how stupid this gets? As for Moss getting points for being a great guy...for what? Wearing pink gloves? That took a lot of effort for him to do that, I bet.

I support the Pink effort.

That said, the funding for disease research is purely political. PC causes get way more funding than diseases that kill far more people. AIDS and breast cancer are among the most disporoportionally funded relative to their death rates.

Wow, interesting. Well cancer needs to be cured so I'm in favor of it. This Sunday, real men will wear pink. :)

Yeah, big pharma is a "racket". They could cure it but they don't. Any evidence of that? Why don't you cure it if it's so easy?

I think it's a little stupid. I mean sure, everyone WANTS there to be a cure for something like breast cancer. What about strokes, diabetes, PROSTATE cancer (why do you never hear about the death due to that? Is it because men aren't PC), etc. etc. etc.

Why are there so many diseases which are at the back of the bus when it comes to publicity or funding? While the glamorous ones, breast cancer and AIDS, are at the front?

If October is breast cancer awareness, can November be "high blood pressure" awareness? See how stupid this gets? As for Moss getting points for being a great guy...for what? Wearing pink gloves? That took a lot of effort for him to do that, I bet.
There's an interesting article in the Boston Globe relating to this entitled something like "Sick of Pink" which touched on some of your points.

You have to give credit where credit is due: Breast cancer funding is just a behemoth when compared to the "other" cancers, which is all the more impressive considering the high survival rate of breast cancer patients. Or, perhaps I should say it is in some ways because of the high survival rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3