PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fox Sunday Crew weighs in on Moss trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Some interesting observations and analysis from their weekly pre game conference call with Czarnecki.

Czar: With Randy Moss traded to Minnesota, does this make the Vikings the favorites in the NFC North? And how does it impact the Patriots?

Terry Bradshaw: (Patriots head coach Bill) Belichick wouldn’t have gotten rid of him if he thought getting rid of him was going to hurt his team.

JJ: It could hurt New England a little bit, but I don’t think it’s going to have a major impact on them. Bill understands what they are doing there. They were only using Moss to stretch the defense so they could dink-and-dink with their great rookie tight end Aaron Hernandez and Wes Welker. I think they could drop a little bit there, but not a major amount.

Howie Long: I think the halftime blow-up with (Bill O’Brien) the quarterbacks coach hurt. It’s been brewing. Randy is a lot smarter guy than people give him credit for and he knew they had already begun to move in a totally different direction on offense. They feel Brandon Tate has a shot at stretching the field. He’s not Moss, but he’s certainly an explosive receiver. They have a boatload of young talent like Tate, Hernandez and Julian Edelman and even Danny Woodhead, who they picked up from the Jets.

Has Tom Brady enjoyed having Moss there? Yeah, but I also think it is a load off, too. Randy can be a hot-and-cold player, both in the locker room and on the field. Am I surprised by what happened? No. Bill will say the right things, but he will also move on.

New England Patriots OK after dealing Randy Moss to Minnesota Vikings - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

It's like a verification of what we already knew ... nothing new.

Yeah we knew nothing and we still don't. All thats happened is people making their own minds up about what happened. The mediots will never say they don't know whats going on.

Any chance we won't see anymore Moss threads by next week?

It will be interesting to see how that analysis contrasts with the CBS crew's take on it. My guess is that Boomer E. will say that the Pats did the correct thing, Marino will take an opposite stance and Cowher will be somewhere in the middle.

Howie Long verified there was a locker room blow up.

I have every reason to believe that he checks the facts before going on national TV and repeating them.

Since folks are apparently reaching saturation level on Moss threads, I won't start another for this. But it is an interesting read. The title is a little misleading. The observations are interesting and insightful. He says btw that Tom is better than ever physically, mentally and mechanically, he talks about the fascination between he and Moss, he touches on Moss' shortcomings and the tradeoff that and dealing with any WR diva entails, he says Brady will deal the shift in focus, he expects they will come off the trade out of the bye strong although the real test will be if they can maintain that a month later when the new offense is on film, and he seems to see some upside to a reunion with Branch if that happens.

Tom Brady’s passing guru: Randy Moss a huge loss - BostonHerald.com

Meh - the Fox crew mostly watches Patriot's highlights, and rarely get to cover the team directly. They have less insight than the local guys. What I do think this shows is that most of Belichik's decisions become the conventional wisdom sooner or later. IBWT :D

Once Tate catches a deep one and torches the D with his speed...

the field will be stretched....:rocker:

Meh - the Fox crew mostly watches Patriot's highlights, and rarely get to cover the team directly. They have less insight than the local guys. What I do think this shows is that most of Belichik's decisions become the conventional wisdom sooner or later. IBWT :D

I agree that his decisions become conventional wisdom sooner or later. But he spends almost as much time with Jimmy as he does with the lovely Linda in the off season... Only with Coach the time is spent discussing football strategy and trends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back