Welcome to PatsFans.com

Phil Simms was dreadful last Sunday

Discussion in 'The Practice Squad' started by FredFromDartmouth, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 5 / -0

Sims was so smitten with Brady that he made Pete Sheppard seem like Borges or Felger. Tommy could do no wrong on Sunday. Brady under threw a number of long balls and Phil did not say a peep. It was a disgusting lovefest.

Brady does under throw the long ball on occasion; it is part of the package and we all are willing to take the good with the bad. I guess I should be thankful that Simms is not a douch like Felger Borges etc but I would like some reality on the broadcasts.
  2. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This really bothers you?
  3. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -7

#12 Jersey

What time did you start drinking today?
  4. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Phil Simms is the man. Tap the breaks buddy.
  5. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 5 / -0

Ya I used to love him as a player and an announcer (especially his barbs aimed at Parcells) but he has turned into a milquetoast whitebread run-of-the mill announcer. He must have known that Brady whiffed on those long passes; why didn't he say so?
  6. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Guess you got a new target for your venom now that Brace can't be considered a bust anymore :rolleyes:
  7. AluminumMessiah

AluminumMessiah Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

phil simms is cringeworthy
  8. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 5 / -0

Not hardly. My venom is directed at Felger and his ilk. And they deserve it. Brace was a bust last year but he deserves credit for turning it around in the offseason just when the Patriots really really need it (thanks to Ty Warren's vacation at Delta House).
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

You have issues Fred ...

do you seriously think any media person tells it straight?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  10. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

I'm surprised to hear that Simms was gushing over Brady. I didn't think he'd ever get over that snowball to the face he got in the old Foxboro stadium. ;)

How can we complain about him fawning over Brady, though (despite a few errant throws) when the guys on Monday Night Football were GUSHING about Mark Sanchez in the first half, talking about all his "good decisions," despite the debacle that was occuring in front of their eyes?! It was beyond laughable. At least Brady played a good game overall. Sims isn't the worst announcer out there.
  11. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At least you made clear again that your venom is still spewed in your own personal ignorance...:rolleyes:

And you must have missed the dozens of posts and news reports about Warren's injury being OVER A YEAR AND A HALF OLD and having nothing to do with his pursuit of his degree but then again you never let facts get in the way of going after players :rolleyes:

By the way, did you miss the love he was giving Palmer despite the fact that he played like crap in the first half and was still making major mistakes, barely getting the ball off, and getting knocked around constantly by the defense? The gushing over Palmer by Simms was 100X what he was giving to Brady and was either unwarranted or unnecessary when it wasn't him but the receivers who deserved the credit for the plays that were getting praised :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  12. GrogansArmy

GrogansArmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Actually I think he's one of the best out there. And not just cuz he gushes over the Pats. I listen to him on other games, and he seems very objective (usually). And really, thats all you want in an announcer: Objectivity.

Phil and Troy are my two favorite announcers. They both seem to call it as it is and try not to let their biases show, unlike most other announcers.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  13. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

His bad moments are when he gushes over the QBs to the point where they appear to do no wrong to him despite it being clear that they screwed up...but you have to expect that from a longtime starting QB.
  14. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +292 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

That's my only real qualm with Phil, but at least his admiration of Tom Brady and the Pats does something to balance out the baffling obsession within the Boston media to bring the team down.
  15. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

. You got THAT right. There must be some damned-near terminal insecurity issues with those mediots and reportards in Boston, considering how they rag on New England so much.
  16. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 5 / -0

Phil did it again in the Jets game. Brady had another one off his under-throws this time to Gronk and Sims said that Gronk overran the throw! Really. A big galute like Gronk running past a throw!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.