PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phil Simms: Mark Sanchez is now an all-weather QB?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckedtrek

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Simms said it during the game (third quarter, I believe), that Mark Sanchez is now an "all weather quarterback"??! Really?

Born and raised in southern California, went to USC, and has spent April- November in NY. He probably hasn't even seen flurries or 32 degree temperatures yet. How the heck is this kid now an all weather QB? :rolleyes: :rofl:

Simms said it during the game (third quarter, I believe), that Mark Sanchez is now an "all weather quarterback"??! Really?

Born and raised in southern California, went to USC, and has spent April- November in NY. He probably hasn't even seen flurries or 32 degree temperatures yet. How the heck is this kid now an all weather QB? :rolleyes: :rofl:

MFC handled heavy rain, snow, and tropical storm-force winds in a three-week span.

Has any other QB ever done that?

Yea I found that funny too. But I think he was referring to his arm strength and being able to throw into strange wind conditions. Whatever he meant it didn't come out right haha

Re: Phil Simms: Mark Sanchez is now an all weather QB ?!

Yes, Sanchez sucks in all weather.

sometimes you dont know what these analysts are saying....i heard dierdof say today about ray rice "When he gets down , he really gets down"

He meant "all-WHETHER" quarterback, which means "all whether or not he throws an interception".

He meant "all-WHETHER" quarterback, which means "all whether or not he throws an interception".

Don't you mean Whether he's responsible for 4 or 5 turn overs that game. :singing:

Sure he is Phil, and Leigh Bodden is his "all-weather" receiver. :rolleyes:

He actually said "WETTER". Apparently it can get pretty moist in the locker room after Tubby gives a pre-game speech.

He actually said "WETTER". Apparently it can get pretty moist in the locker room after Tubby gives a pre-game speech.

No wonder he had trouble getting the ball to his receivers...his eyes were still burning from the bits of chewed hot dog and nachos and Rex's breath!

Last edited:
Now I can show this to my wife and get her off my a-- for screaming at the tv when Phil doucheee said that...

Ya, I think everyone probably looked at the TV and said 'huh?" Wow he through his only good ball when there was a little wind...he is the greatest I must say..lol

:rofl: Nicely done.

I couldn't believe Simms said that either. Let's see him play a few December games in New Jersey before making such declarations.
How about he wins more games than he loses in any weather for a start.

Ya, I think everyone probably looked at the TV and said 'huh?" Wow he through his only good ball when there was a little wind...he is the greatest I must say..lol

I don't know how that guy managed to get the ball through the 5 MPH wind gusts- truly a legend! :rolleyes:

Maybe what Simms said was "All withered" :D

Last edited:
Re: Phil Simms: Mark Sanchez is now an all weather QB ?!

Yes, Sanchez sucks in all weather.

Kinda like Phil's own kid in that respect...

Pretty typical Simms commentary - he praises all QBs no matter what. I still recall him praising Kordell Stewart endlessly during the 2001 AFC title game and wondering what game Phil was watching.

After he said that, I thought to myself that Sanchez has probably never even practiced when it was below 32 deg. He may have never even thrown a football when it was that cold. After Simms made that statement, Nance should have slapped him in the butt as hard as he slapped Collinsworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes