PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phifer finally healthy... Signs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pickup for the Giants.

Wow, I thought we'd heard the last of Phifer.

That sucks!

I'll trade them Monty beisel AND Chad Brown straight up, right now, for the Emperor!

Roman, how could you do this to us, lad?!?!?!?!

How did he end up with the Giants?

Phifer was released by the Patriots because of his injury. He's been rehabbing and the Patriots obviously don't need him.

Armen, I'm sorry but you are way off on Beisel. He's going to be a good player in this defense. But you can't expect a 4th year player to just come in and pick this offense up. Particularly when he is changing positions, like Beisel was.,

Now, as for having Phifer back, I, for one, am glad he isn't. Yes, he would have brought some leadership, but he lost more than a step last year. He was awful in the play-offs, getting beat badly for a TD in the SB.

DaBruinz said:
Phifer was released by the Patriots because of his injury. He's been rehabbing and the Patriots obviously don't need him.

Armen, I'm sorry but you are way off on Beisel. He's going to be a good player in this defense. But you can't expect a 4th year player to just come in and pick this offense up. Particularly when he is changing positions, like Beisel was.,

Now, as for having Phifer back, I, for one, am glad he isn't. Yes, he would have brought some leadership, but he lost more than a step last year. He was awful in the play-offs, getting beat badly for a TD in the SB.
Agreed. Beisel's going to be a player. Wish Phif was with the pats though.

I think Phifer and Beisel are a wash talent-wise. Factor out the leadership angle, and they're really the same player. At this stage in his career though, Beisel has some upside.

DaBruinz said:

Yea, actually, I haven't been down on Beisel...

He just doesn't even register for me...he's like a highly paid Matt Chatham or Tully Banta-Cain...comes, goes, whatever...

I hope he pans out and becomes a stud here...that would be nice...by the same token, I can't say I'd miss him if the Pats let him go...

He just hasn't done much and he always seems to be a step behind every play he's in on...

I do know I like the way he handles the Boston/Providence media and his wife is a little hottie!

I just love Roman Phifer! To me, Roman, Tedy, Willie McG, and Harrison (for two of them) represent the strength of those three Super Bowl teams...stoudt, smart, veteran defenses...

ADPF

Last edited:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Yea, actually, I haven't been down on Beisel...

He just doesn't even register for me...he's like a highly paid Matt Chatham or Tully Banta-Cain...comes, goes, whatever...

I hope he pans out and becomes a stud here...that would be nice...by the same token, I can't say I'd miss him if the Pats let him go...

He just hasn't done much and he always seems to be a step behind every play he's in on...

I do know I like the way he handles the Boston/Providence media and his wife is a little hottie!

I just love Roman Phifer! To me, Roman, Tedy, Willie McG, and Harrison (for two of them) represent the strength of those three Super Bowl teams...stoudt, smart, veteran defenses...

ADPF
I agree about Phifer, watching 3GTG3 he was doing as good a job as anybody covering the TEs and RBs. I don't know about him being slower, we've got a couple fast TEs and that is getting to be a trend league wide. Watching Beisel on tape during the first half of the season, I saw plenty of talent in need of a lot of re-training. It didn't help that KC had him playing at 238, ten lbs lighter than Tedy who was our lightweight inside. I'd like to see how he holds up after the off-season with Woicik's strength training, tape work and drills with Pees and Pepper, and some coverage drills with Collier/Mangini.

I don't see Biesel as ever being more than an izzo/Chatham type. If you view him in that light than he is fine. Just don't over estimate what he will become.

Why are the Pats working out Tommy Hendricks?

Good for Phif... I'd honestly rather have him back than Chad Brown, but obviously the two sides have moved on. I'll always remember his hit on Tiki. And his rapport with guys like Willie in all the 3GTG videos.

Last edited:
http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/59327.htm

Newly-signed LB Roman Phifer did not practice, as his 37-year old body did not respond well to returning to football after not practicing since last February with the Patriots.

"I hope it's merely something we have to get under control," Tom Coughlin said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back