PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Sullivan on ground, virtually in convulsions after only part of conditioning run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT: Sullivan on ground, virtually in convulsions after only part of conditioning

RayClay said:
Oh, it's the PFT rumor mill.:rolleyes: Although this may be true, I think I'll wait for a non-fiction source for corroboration.

They have some pretty damn reliable sources, and get information before almost all news outlets.

It's not really a rumor mill anymore, as he's getting some straight facts daily from league sources.

Draconian theory

If Sullivan retires couldn't the Patriots get some of his signing bonus money back (ala Ricky Williams)? If so, could this be part of BB's plan? Sounds draconian but perhaps Plan A is to work him 'til he quits and Plan B is to actually have him part of the team.

Re: PFT: Sullivan on ground, virtually in convulsions after only part of conditioning

pats1 said:
They have some pretty damn reliable sources, and get information before almost all news outlets.

It's not really a rumor mill anymore, as he's getting some straight facts daily from league sources.

I've noticed this as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Sullivan's learned an important lesson.

Bongs are SO much better for your lungs than joints and pipes.

JoeSixPat said:
I hope Sullivan's learned an important lesson.

Bongs are SO much better for your lungs than joints and pipes.

I prefer the water-filled variety, with a hint of citrus. Mmmmmmm...

Re: Draconian theory

Isaac said:
If Sullivan retires couldn't the Patriots get some of his signing bonus money back (ala Ricky Williams)? If so, could this be part of BB's plan? Sounds draconian but perhaps Plan A is to work him 'til he quits and Plan B is to actually have him part of the team.

I'm pretty sure the Saints are still paying all of his signing bonus, we only picked up the actually salary part of his contract in the trade.

If they set buffet tables on either end, he should be able to make it in record times.

I would be surprised if Sullivan makes it two weeks into camp before BB waives him. I mean think about it. You've been traded to a new team offering a fresh start on a career that was the definition od disappointing and you can't even get it together to buckle down and get into the best shape of your life prior to training camp?
This guy is not a professional. It's a simple as that!

njpatsfan said:
Actually, this might be considered a positive sign. We all knew he was doomed to fail. But to run until you puke - that at least shows some intestinal fortitude.

Perhaps there might be some fight in that dog after all.

Or perhaps not. This will be an interesting story, assuming he makes it out of camp.

R

You may have something.

I for one am expecting no contribution from the man, so anything to me wiould be a plus.

But you certainly have a point.

There is a big difference between failing and not caring, and failing when you pushed yourself so hard you vomited.

Atleast we know he pushed himself.

Course it may be a one time thing, but it could possibly be a good sign!

If this is true, the Pats (for liability purposes) are almost forced to take pathetically out of shape players out of these drills, especially in the summer heat, in order to prevent outright collapses on the field.

Re: Draconian theory

tatepatsfan said:
I'm pretty sure the Saints are still paying all of his signing bonus, we only picked up the actually salary part of his contract in the trade.

Doesn't matter, that's why Ricky Williams owed the Dolphins $$ instead of the Saints.

Re: PFT: Sullivan in convulsions after conditioning run

HAMMERMILL said:
Totally agree hope he's all right.
Would like to be patient but as BB has said in the past "The train is moving,Don't have time to wait".
It'll be interesting to see how much effort he'll be willing to give.
I wouldn't be totally shocked if he retires!

I agree with you 100%

pats1 said:

I don't follow them closely, but I remember some stories where it was obvious why they called it the rumor mill rather than a story.

They said this was a league source rather than a team source.

Rather surprising given their penchant for secrecy that they allow non team affiliated people in to watch their conditioning tests.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case