PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Cleo Lemon visited Pats on Friday, close to signing - Tom Malone waived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT: Cleo Lemon visited Pats on Friday

While I like Mike Florio's opinions and his site is a "Rumor mongoring" site, I'll wait for someone else to confirm.

BUT, this does beg the question: Does Jeff Darlington's "source" not know the difference between Michael Vick and Cleo Lemon? I'll betcha Darlington's "source" was watching Lemon from afar and thought it was Vick.

Remind me never to ask the "source" an opinion of a girl. He'll tell me she's hot and she'll turn out to look like Rosanne Barr.

How is this a confirnmation?

Cleo Lemon on radar?
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
August 1, 2009 01:05 PM

The popular website Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com is reporting that the Patriots hosted veteran free-agent quarterback Cleo Lemon on a visit at Gillette Stadium on Friday.

Lemon's agent, J.R. Rickert, would not confirm the report when reached by the Globe today.

With Tom Brady, Kevin O'Connell, Matt Gutierrez and Brian Hoyer at quarterback, we will continue to monitor if the Patriots are serious about squeezing Lemon onto their depth chart.

Cleo Lemon on radar? - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Last edited by a moderator:

I am sour on the idea.

Siging Cleo could bear fruit should starters get injured

Nothing wrong with getting a debriefing from a former division QB who might be hoping such cooperations might land him a job.

Nothing wrong with getting a debriefing from a former division QB who might be hoping such cooperations might land him a job.

Yes, I'm sure BB and the braintrust squeezed him for what he knows.

How is this a confirnmation?

True. It's just a regurgitation of a rumor, and not proof of anything, really.

It's summer ... hot and humid ... QB arms are tired ... time for a little Lemon-aid.

Seriously, what does Cleo bring to the table aside from the worst name ever for an NFL quarterback?

#1 - They can bring him in if they want to... I just pray it never ever gets to that. They had a couple of guys coming in right around the time Brady went down last season, but opted against it. We'll see.

#2 - Blast that Real World ! Just when the images of the hot girl are gone, he returns with new pics !

Update - ESPN'S John Clayton reports the Pats are expected to sign Lemon. (FWIW)

The Patriots, in the market for a backup quarterback, have worked out NFL veteran Cleo Lemon and are expected to sign him Saturday.

Lemon was the quarterback who had a mid-afternoon workout Friday. There had been reports the Patriots worked out Michael Vick, but Lemon was the quarterback who was on the field throwing with front office people watching. Vick was in Virginia at a bankruptcy court hearing.

A Lemon signing could mean the Patriots might not be interested in bringing in Vick in the near future. Bill Belichick didn't rule out interest in Vick, but he also wouldn't say that they were interested on Friday.

Lemon is a 29-year-old veteran who has played for the Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins and Jaguars.

Update - ESPN'S John Clayton reports the Pats are expected to sign Lemon. (FWIW)

The Patriots, in the market for a backup quarterback, have worked out NFL veteran Cleo Lemon and are expected to sign him Saturday.

Lemon was the quarterback who had a mid-afternoon workout Friday. There had been reports the Patriots worked out Michael Vick, but Lemon was the quarterback who was on the field throwing with front office people watching. Vick was in Virginia at a bankruptcy court hearing.

A Lemon signing could mean the Patriots might not be interested in bringing in Vick in the near future. Bill Belichick didn't rule out interest in Vick, but he also wouldn't say that they were interested on Friday.

Lemon is a 29-year-old veteran who has played for the Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins and Jaguars.

IIRC, the deal Davis offered to trade Burgess included Vollmer, O'Connell and another player. Maybe KOC is still part of a deal and BB is seeking a replacement. ...just throwing it out here

IIRC, the deal Davis offered to trade Burgess included Vollmer, O'Connell and another player. Maybe KOC is still part of a deal and BB is seeking a replacement. ...just throwing it out here

I, for one, will be royally p***ed if that happens.

In any case, the "fact" that the Pats need a backup QB is a media creation. It's almost as Matt Cassel's performance last year proves that they need a veteran backup, rather than trusting O'Connell.

Last edited:

It's summer ... hot and humid ... QB arms are tired ... time for a little Lemon-aid.

Seriously, what does Cleo bring to the table aside from the worst name ever for an NFL quarterback?

It is TC. They might need another guy to throw as they do something weird like try out Defensive Linemen as Wide Receivers or something. No need to panic, even if he is signed. If he is on the final roster, then panic.:D

I, for one, will be royally p***ed if that happens.
It won't include Vollmer or it better not. Most likely it's nothing more than a coincidence although Crable's absence so far and Russell showing up overweight for the Raiders adds a little to the coincidence. O'Connell for Burgess is all I would pay.

More likely, we're looking at Brady, O'Connell, Lemon as the QB group with t Gurierrez and Hoyer competing for the PS (if Gutz is still eligible).

scratchchin.gif
I thought Miss Cleo was released when Parcells & Co. took over and has no knowledge of Miami's super secret kitty?

scratchchin.gif
I thought Miss Cleo was released when Parcells & Co. took over and has no knowledge of Miami's super secret kitty?

Yes, because the Secret Kitty worked oh so well the second time around. . . .

Yes, because the Secret Kitty worked oh so well the second time around. . . .
Used kitties often have bad habits and aren't as popular for that reason. :snob:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore