PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Chiefs to release Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could bring back Law and have him rotate at free safety and left corner back in goal line situations, that would be a big plus for this team going forward.
Also as someone else alluded to, he could help the 2 or 3 draft picks and possibly Richardson coming off of IR and do we still have gemara williams?
Learn the system and watch how one of the best db's in this franchise handles himself thru practice, and preparation Law will always be one of my favorite Patriots unless he would end his career as a jet again, fat chance or a Colt, or now as painful as it is to even hear the name Giant.
Let's suit up for another Championship Let Moss help Law get his swagger back and let's get back to the dance baby!
Just sign right here Mr Law this is a incentive laden contract that can be worth anywhere from 1.5 to 4 million per season.

I would love to see Ty come back. Great memories of him, and more importantly I can't see how signing him could possibly hurt.

I like this idea! Even if he plays safety for a year or two.

I would love to see Ty back in Pats' uniform but I wonder how much he'll be asking for. At this point of his career, I would not think he is starter level, although he probably has smarts for it. If he is willing to sign for very resonable price, it can only help Pats.

you dont want this guy mentorring your younger players.

I heard Law would be interested in returning, so we'll just have to see if NE still have any interest in bringing him back. Something tells me they will.

sure he knows football, but I've heard he's a cancer in the lockerroom in meetings. he's not a character guy.

He had one nasty short series of outbursts. Other than that he seemed to be a true team player.

I heard Law would be interested in returning, so we'll just have to see if NE still have any interest in bringing him back. Something tells me they will.

Something tells me Law regrets signing with the Chiefs for slightly more money instead of coming back to the Pats.

I would be extremely excited to see Ty back in a Pats uniform, I don't know how any Pats fan couldn't be. And a lot of people are underestimating Law. Maybe I haven't seen enough Chiefs games to really know, but I know that Law in his prime is far, far greater a thing than Samuel in his prime.

Something tells me Law regrets signing with the Chiefs for slightly more money instead of coming back to the Pats.

I would be extremely excited to see Ty back in a Pats uniform, I don't know how any Pats fan couldn't be. And a lot of people are underestimating Law. Maybe I haven't seen enough Chiefs games to really know, but I know that Law in his prime is far, far greater a thing than Samuel in his prime.

what tells you?

what tells you?

That Law >>> Asante? How about the fact that Law was truly a shutdown corner. He took receivers out of ballgames when we needed him to (made Marvin Harrison his personal b*tch). Asante doesn't even necessarily line up against the best receiver on the other team. That simple fact alone makes Asante much less useful to us. You can't even mention Asante in the same breath as Law in his prime. Asante might have similar INT numbers, but that's about it.

Last edited:
The game has changed since Law dominated. The chuck rule is in effect. In any case, the question is how many steps has Law lost? The last thing we need is to get slower on D.

The game has changed since Law dominated. The chuck rule is in effect. In any case, the question is how many steps has Law lost? The last thing we need is to get slower on D.

True, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he did dominate. With Law, you could just mentally cross off the other team's best receiver on your list of worries.

Last edited:
This is crazy. I can't believe how many people don't want him back. If we lose Asante there is no way we will replace him. Why wouldn't someone want Law back? He knows the system better than any draftee or free agent bum we would bring in here to replace Asante. No he doesn't have the ability to jump routes like AS anymore. But I think he has got good enough cover skills and a few occasional big games left in him to be a valuable asset to this team. Like him or hate him, bitter fan or not, we need this guy. Look at his stats, not far off of Samuels. If we could sign him to a short term deal to play CB and then move him to FS next season it would be huge imo.

What other routes do we have? Some seem to think that if we go CB with the 7th pick that all our problems are solved,I highly doubt it and we would really have to luck out to find a player that would instantly catch on to what they do here.

This is crazy. I can't believe how many people don't want him back. If we lose Asante there is no way we will replace him. Why wouldn't someone want Law back? He knows the system better than any draftee or free agent bum we would bring in here to replace Asante. No he doesn't have the ability to jump routes like AS anymore. But I think he has got good enough cover skills and a few occasional big games left in him to be a valuable asset to this team. Like him or hate him, bitter fan or not, we need this guy. Look at his stats, not far off of Samuels. If we could sign him to a short term deal to play CB and then move him to FS next season it would be huge imo.

What other routes do we have? Some seem to think that if we go CB with the 7th pick that all our problems are solved,I highly doubt it and we would really have to luck out to find a player that would instantly catch on to what they do here.

Co-sign. It seems like there are a bunch of good prospects at CB in the draft, but the value just isn't there at #7. So to get a CB in the draft, we ought to trade down.

But even if we do get a Jenkins, McKelvin (I almost type McLovin whenver I type that), Talib, Rodgers Cromatie, I'd still want Law, and he'd still start at CB on the Pats. Maybe he does move to FS at some point in his career.

Actually, I think it's the other way around. It's shocking how many people here WANT him brought back. The only conclusion I can come to is that no one has watched any KC games recently. Perhaps he would be marginally better under our scheme, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft