PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFF: Trey Flowers And Darryl Roberts Named as Two Of The Biggest Steals In The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** the second round, everyone in the second round is a poser ******* anyways.

They're not grading their effectiveness in the NFL, just the relationship between where they should have been drafted to where they were. They don't need any snaps for that.

How do you know where they should have been drafted until they show it on the field?

Where should Tom Brady have been drafted? I'll tell you where.... FIRST IN THE UNIVERSE DRAFT Manx that's where!!!!!!!!?!??!?!!?

How do you know where they should have been drafted until they show it on the field?

Where should Tom Brady have been drafted? I'll tell you where.... FIRST IN THE UNIVERSE DRAFT Manx that's where!!!!!!!!?!??!?!!?

This is not how the draft works.

That's what I think would make a great article. How did Swag drop to the 7th. I know his coach was incredulous that a dude who went man one on one in Div 1 went that late. His measurables are up there with the top guys so I'd be real interested to see if any scouts could give their take on it.

I think there are two issues, at least for me - I liked him but never graded him that high and always considered him a day three guy:

1. I felt he was a tad undersized and when I watched him, I just felt he looked a little thin. My concern was how he'd stack up as a tackler in the NFL.
  2. He was going up against receivers from the likes of Middle Tennessee, Rhode Island and Old Dominion. Again, there's a bit of a projection issue there. Could he stand up to the more NFL type WR blooded in the Power 5 conferences.
Besides those 2 concerns, another is that he was a grabber and therefore prone to PI penalties.

He also was a guesser and therefore prone to getting burned occasionally.

If this guy turns into A$ante Samuel, with whom he shares similar physical & playing traits,
I'll be thrilled.

This is not how the draft works.

Manx, you know I respect your draft knowledge and input but there is the draft and there is what they actually accomplish after that as football players in the NFL, giving them grades before they actually do anything makes no sense, except of course to the folks at PFF, but they don't make any sense either.I can see liking or not liking a draft but evaluating it absent of performance makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back