PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter Warrick -- thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWhalers

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Peter Warrick is purportedly about to be released from Seattle. What do people think about him as a possible WR pickup?

Tremendous underachiever, to be sure, but his size and technique make me think of Branch in some respects. I'm not sure what his problem has been once he got to Seattle -- just not a Holmgren guy?

Peer Warrick is terrible and couldn't hold Branch's jock, literally, he drops everyhting that touches his hands. If Seattle, a team with very little talent at WR, drops him, he ain't worth a roster spot.

GoWhalers said:
Peter Warrick is purportedly about to be released from Seattle. What do people think about him as a possible WR pickup?

Tremendous underachiever, to be sure, but his size and technique make me think of Branch in some respects. I'm not sure what his problem has been once he got to Seattle -- just not a Holmgren guy?

He'd make a fine #4 or 5 for this team in my mind. Still has serious wheels, and can be effective from the slot too. I'd bring him in for a look, certainly.

ClosingTime said:
Peer Warrick is terrible and couldn't hold Branch's jock, literally, he drops everyhting that touches his hands. If Seattle, a team with very little talent at WR, drops him, he ain't worth a roster spot.

I disagree with your assessment of Seattle's WRs. Darrell Jackson is a very good receiver, and last year he was buried behind Joe Jurevicious (now with Romeo in Cleveland), and another young guy (D.J. Hackett??).

You could definately make the case that Warrick should never have been a first round pick, but he was still an outstanding receiver on a strong Florida/Miami team (can't remember which). But once a player gets a reputation as a "bust", there's no way he's going to be a major factor in any team's plans. See David Terrell, Rashaun Woods, etc.

GoWhalers said:
I disagree with your assessment of Seattle's WRs. Darrell Jackson is a very good receiver, and last year he was buried behind Joe Jurevicious (now with Romeo in Cleveland), and another young guy (D.J. Hackett??).

You could definately make the case that Warrick should never have been a first round pick, but he was still an outstanding receiver on a strong Florida/Miami team (can't remember which). But once a player gets a reputation as a "bust", there's no way he's going to be a major factor in any team's plans. See David Terrell, Rashaun Woods, etc.

Warrick went to FSU. The guy has a bad history and isnt much of a player, just say no.

I think I would rather take a chance on Charles Rogers

I'd rather take a shot at Rodgers but we have nothing to lose by adding either one of them. At the end of the day there's not a lot of difference in the talent level of someone like Warrick and Reche Caldwell.

Last edited:
Wait a second.. Some of these comments are WAY WAY OFF BASE..

1. if he had weak hands then he wouldn't return punts..
2. he is not fast. His skill was the ability to start and stop quickly..
3. He has been out of trouble for a while (the worst coming in college)
4. Bringing him in wouldn't signal to replace Branch but compete with 3-5 WR's

He would be a good pickup.. Right now I don't have a warm feeling about our WR's. now people say no C. Rogers but at this point the NE PATS WR aren't winning awards and bringin in young players with potential into an incredible system might jumpstart their career.. these guys aren't going to be getting big paydays..

Right now, I'd be pleased with whoever they bring in, as long as he is a veteran. I'm sick of all the John Stone's and Keron Henry's of the world. I'd be thrilled with Rogers or Warrick right now. Our WR depth can't get any worse, hell a 7th round DB (Andrews) is our 5th WR right now.

mcsully is quite right, Warrick has shown some very decent talent in the past. Let's just compare hm to Caldwell for example-
Warrick 79 catches for 819 yds
Caldwell 76 catches for 950 yds

Not bad, eh? Well those are Caldwell's career numbers compared to Warrick's single best season!

Yeah, yeah, Warrick had the bad seed thing going for a while and he has been hurt a fair amount the last two years but he's hardly the bum some here have suggested.

Last edited:
I think I'd rather have Warrick over Engram...

I'd love to bring in a guy like Warrick. He never really had the size to make huge plays at the pro level...but he caught everything near him in college and he ran very good routes. I think he could be a big time player coupled with Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News