Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peter King: Still likes the Colts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by scout, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

2. paragon11

paragon11 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's got Manning at #3, with Favre now sitting at #2 on his MVP list.

Terry

3. bradmahn

bradmahn In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What a God-awful article by our resident curly-haired dough boy! King's basically striking last night's game from the records, making excuses, and giving mulligans.

After that? Dallas, Pitt, Green Bay...and here's the real shocker.... SAN DIEGO!

What?!

Dallas, Pitt, and Green Bay are all coming off wins against division rivals, with two of the three playing teams with winning records. The Colts lose in an absolutely ugly fashion and they're still number two in your rankings? The Colts, after last night, should be ranked no higher than fifth.

San Diego is a bottom half of the league team.

The MVP watch is even more disgusting.

Peyton Manning is still in his top three consideration for MVP. It's difficult to even make the argument that Manning is the most valuable player on his team, in the most literal definition of the word. He lost them last night's game. And if it's statistics you want, 16 TDs and 10 INTs are not MVP-worthy numbers.

4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Why all QBs for MVP.
    Doesn't Randy have a good case?

5. Lampshade

Lampshade Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Even before last night I had no clue how Peyton was popping up at #2 on everyone's MVP list.

6. RussFrancis

RussFrancis Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where does he see Roethlisberger, Romo or Moss?? heck, Id vote for Braylon Edwards over Manning right now. Manning as an MVP candidate this year is a joke. He doesnt have a leg to stand on in that debate. Id line up MVP voting like this:

Brady
    Romo
    Favre
    Moss
    Big Ben

Outside of the top 5, what's the point in even listing candidates, and Id start that second 5 with Derek Anderson. You can make a pretty strong case that Manning's not even a ProBowler this season.

7. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the recap bradmahn, I still refuse to give that man any hits on his website!

8. patsgo

patsgo Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i vote not to let his crap be posted we should ban anyhing he writes or says because its all stupid and bias

9. borg

borg In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +540 / 24 / -24

When I see Manning play, I see 2 things.....Wobbly passes and wide open WRs....

10. PlattsFan

PlattsFan On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'd like to point out one thing, though: of the non-divisional games for the Patriots, 5 out of 8 are against teams in King's top 10. His top 15 isn't perfect, but it's pretty close to conventional wisdom.

If the Patriots go undefeated, it'll be the best season of any team in history by far. The Dolphins in 72 didn't play anybody.

11. Drewwho

Drewwho Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My honest MVP list would be:

Farve
    Brady
    Roethlisberger
    Moss
    Romo

Tom should have been the slam dunk MVP last year and probably in 2003, but it didn't work out that way. If Brady continues at even 50% of his first half pace he will win it, but Farve is the true MVP this year. What he is doing without a running game and young defense is amazing. Similar senario to what happened with Brady last year. I have to be consistent in my thinking although I of course am partial to Brady and would love to see our first franchise MVP :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  12. Oswlek

Oswlek In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +718 / 9 / -2

I take offense to the way you describe Green Bay's defense. Frankly, the team is carried by the defense a lot more than they are Favre. He is a condidate, but Brady or Manning would be just as productive if not more so.

13. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It's true that they'll be a different team with Marvin and Clark in there. And dropping back to the pack in November isn't the end of the world. We know that finishing strong is the key.

As far as MVP goes I don't see how you can't make Favre at least top 3 because of weighted impact to that team. They have crap for a running game, and not a stable of receivers, so his impact is huge.

Also I think that team finally has a defense worthy of a contender, and that has to help. If the Packers had gotten Randy they might actually be sitting where the Patriots are now in the rankings. The Packers are not a complete team though. Their missing pieces will destroy them sooner or later.

Still, Favre's impact is pretty obvious. It's great for the game.

14. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last I checked you still need to play 16 games before the Mediots can vote for league MVP

15. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,184 / 13 / -15

#75 Jersey

What's the weather like in Indy today?

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,749 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Peter King likes whomever pays him the most to pump up their team.:D

17. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -3

"When San Diego plays with emotion, as it did Sunday night, it can beat anyone -- and that's not just sportswriter pabulum."

Did he even watch the game?

18. Buchanty

Buchanty On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -1

As much as I think Tom Brady deserves to win MVP for the season so far, and how much I would like to see him get the recognition that is his due, there is an upside to Favre winning it instead. He is having an exceptional year and is a viable contender. However a 3rd MVP (i.e. not shared - like when Saunders got jobbed) may help his decision in retiring. So please, please take the trophy and go out on top of your game! I couldnt bear another off season of Favre-ish fever on his coming or goings.

Second reason - just remember no MVP this century has got a SB ring. Warner got both in 1999 and although the SB was played in 2000, the 21st centry didnt start until 12 month's later).

As to the top 5 QB's its easier to pick the pro-bowlers

NFC - Favre, Romo and .....um er Kitna, um no its er Garcia... wait
    AFC - Brady, Roethlisburger and ....um er Anderson, um Manning maybe - no

OK got that one wrong. Though at this stag Anderson should be ahead of PM.

19. nowayback

nowayback Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

and we wonder why Brady hasnt won a mvp yet ! here we have pats fans thinking maybe someone else should win it this year besides BRADY !

20. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0

The "I will not read Peter King because he's fat and hates the Patriots" people are just being childish, in my opinion. No "journalist" ever is, or should be, uniformly critical or uncritical of the teams and people they cover. King says a lot to agree with as well as to disagree with, and either way some of it is informative and entertaining.

To wit: his MVP list:
    And also:
    And this:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.