PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King says Indy's run D is much improved...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Anderson was a good draft pick. I wanted the Pats to draft him.

And their defense has allowed 290 passing yards per game to

Tyrod Taylor
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Marcus Mariotta
Blake Bortles
Brian Hoyer

also only has 6 sacks. only 1 team has less, Miami.

So while they may have improved their run defense it may have come at the expense of their pass defense.

Last edited:
No, no they are not. Professional football players don't hang participation banners. Professional football players don't throw in the towel around week 7 in order to secure a top pick. Professional football players don't give up 219 ypg and 3.75 tds/game on the ground over 4 games, then cry about the psi of the footballs being run down their **** polishing throat.
I'd quote myself from a post somewhere else but not worthwhile. Most of the things you mentioned is really the Owner, front office, and to a lesser degree - the coach. I'm sure the players don't see any meaning in the AFC participation banner. I don't blame the players for most of that (or maybe anything other than not executing properly -- though you might be able to understand their lack of motivation if they think their coaches are making poor game plans to "suck for Luck" (but still would be unprofessional and not the "Patriot Way").

Me thinks Softy Boy King was getting serviced by a barista behind the frappacino machine at the local Starbucks when he conjured up this swill of an article. Wonder which Indy exec has been hand feeding Piggy worthless analysis. In 3 hours, Chunk will contradict what he just wrote anyways.
.....in the mean time....Where's Mort? I did catch one of his few recent reports and he looks like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar....or in his case....on Goody's shwanson.

Their rookies on the defensive line vs. our rookies on the offensive line.

I'm picking ours.

Does King actually watch the games???

BUF and JAX ran all over them. There is no debate.

TN threw for 345 yards and HOU thew for 362 so why bother running?

Their defense is soft as Jell-O. Period.
i had to log on just to second your post. when i read the thread title i thought the same thing. does king watch these games cause indy dosen't look any different on run defense then they did last year.

i had to log on just to second your post. when i read the thread title i thought the same thing. does king watch these games cause indy dosen't look any different on run defense then they did last year.

With the exception of Powell for the NYJ, HOU and Foster and McCoy for BUF who were both dealing with hammys, every single RB did fine. Ivory had 15 carries for 57 yds and should have had a lot more if the gave him the ball more.

King is a buffoon.

Blount still gets at least 150 yards.

Oh noes, their run D has improved...

So we have to rely on the GOATs Brady and Gronk?...and also Edelman?

Panic.gif~c200

I can't keep a straight face about, let alone read things written by, a guy who looks like George Wendt and is a namesake for a sausage regent! :D

If the Colts practice all week to counter a 6OL offense, and we go 5 wide all game and hang 50 on them, that's fine by me.

Credit where it's due, if true. If they got a NT and a 3-4 end with a 3rd and 5th. we'll see, though. I'd rather play an all around game on offense anyway. They were bound to find some beef that was embarrassed by their former team's tissue paper D.

From what I've seen, and if I'm being honest, then I have to admit that I do see a slightly improved group. BB mentioned in one of his pressers that they lead the league in negative run plays defensively. That's impressive. I do believe we will test them. But I can totally see the Pats quickly going to the air if the run game is somehow stalled early.

Flemming activated today. Colts are probably ****ting themselves right now.

If the Patriots want to run the ball they are going to do it and do it well.
Some teams seem to do things better against certain teams and I have no reason to believe Sunday is going to be any different.

From what I've seen, and if I'm being honest, then I have to admit that I do see a slightly improved group. BB mentioned in one of his pressers that they lead the league in negative run plays defensively. That's impressive. I do believe we will test them. But I can totally see the Pats quickly going to the air if the run game is somehow stalled early.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be a run fest so much. Heh, of course, forcing us to the air game isn't really a favor to them.

Does King actually watch the games???

BUF and JAX ran all over them. There is no debate.

TN threw for 345 yards and HOU thew for 362 so why bother running?

Their defense is soft as Jell-O. Period.
Peter King is a prolific writer, but that does not make him a quality football analyst.

May as well have James Patterson, John Grisham or JK Rowling write what they think about the Colts and this game. It would be more well written, and have a good chance at being just as accurate.

Peter King is a prolific writer, but that does not make him a quality football analyst.

May as well have James Patterson, John Grisham or JK Rowling write what they think about the Colts and this game. It would be more well written, and have a good chance at being just as accurate.

Ian Fleming would be a good one from way back.

"Hi. My name is Brady.....Tom Brady."

May as well have James Patterson, John Grisham or JK Rowling write what they think about the Colts and this game. It would be more well written

Patterson and Grisham are debatable. In fact, I'd say it is probable it wouldn't be.

Patterson and Grisham are debatable. In fact, I'd say it is probable it wouldn't be.
Was just trying to think of some living fiction writers off the top of my head.

Regardless, my opinion about King and his football knowledge and analysis (or lack thereof) stands.

Was just trying to think of some living fiction writers off the top of my head.

Regardless, my opinion about King and his football knowledge and analysis (or lack thereof) stands.

I know. You just tripped over a hair that's permanently across my ass. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes