PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Pats Over Bears in SB XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn...King is ALWAYS wrong.

Hahaha that was my initial reaction too. King's picks:

2008: Patriots vs. Cowboys (neither made the playoffs)
2007: Colts vs. Saints (Colts lost in divisional, Saints didn't make playoffs)
2006: Patriots vs. Cowboys (Pats lost AFCCG, Cowboys lost in wildcard)
2005: Vikings vs. Patriots
2004: Seahawks vs. Jaguars

Doesn't inspire much confidence, does it?

Personally, I agree that I don't think the Bears will even make the playoffs. I am not sold that Cutler will be all that good with their WRs and when defenses start to scheme to get in his head. If the Packers can adapt to the 3-4 quickly, I think they may win the division.

If Farve can manage the game ...for the first time in his career and let the best RB in the NFL carry the load for the offense then the Vikings can go as far as the defense lets them go - The Vikings are by far the most talented team in that division.

Could Favre get to a SB in his waining years? - Its possible..BUT he must become a solid participating member of the team and leave the 'win the game' for #28 and the defense to take care of,Farve does not have to be the driver in this bus,just sit up front and let it take you where you want to go .

Last edited:
Admittedly, it would be nice to see New England avenge the thrashing they'd received by Chicago in that Super Bowl.

McMahon, however, would not be opposed to a belated celebratory trip to the White House with his Super Bowl XX teammates to meet President Barack Obama on the 25th anniversary of the Bears' championship season.

The tragic Jan. 28, 1986, Challenger Space shuttle explosion that claimed the lives of teacher Christa McAuliffe and six other astronauts postponed the Bears' scheduled visit to the White House.

"Obama is an Illinois guy. He knows the situation and what happened with us with the shuttle blowing up and everything," said McMahon. "That was the right thing to do. The focus should have been on that, but eventually we should have showed up there. I think we are the only [Super Bowl championship] team that hasn't gone."

Ex-Chicago Bear QB McMahon eyes trip to White House -- chicagotribune.com

The Bears? Seriously, King? :rofl:

I thought he would have went with the Vikings... the sexy pick for the Super Bowl.

king was on nest last night, also mentioned his QB rankings. he polled a few people like rich gannon & shanahan, brady came out #1 overall, and in 'performance under pressure' & something else. he was #2 in game management & line of scrimmage (after peyton), #4 in toughness (brees was tops). and #1 in super awesomeness.

Unfortunately there is no doubt about it - this is a bad omen. Peter King is clueless.

Thank God he picked you guys to beat us and not the other way around.We might have a chance now. The funny thing about king, is I actually know he respects our team. He just did a luncheon here in Indy that I attended and he stayed with his picks of New England as this year's winner.Even with the irony being he is picking his home team. I just hope his streak of being wrong continues to be upheld. I have faith.

Shoot!! I was about to dismiss this as an unnecessary irritation/distraction but now am concerned looking at his track record. As someone said, this is the kiss of death...:(

Hope not!

GO PATS!! :)

Last edited:

Preseason picks are like butts. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

Seriously, whether King picks the Pats to win it all or not, it has no real bearing on who wins the Super Bowl.

The Bears? Seriously, King? :rofl:

I thought he would have went with the Vikings... the sexy pick for the Super Bowl.

He can't pick Favre because King is now the wife to Favre's husband who finally realizes that her man no matter how many times he says isn't cheating on her is sleeping with every two-bit floozy in town. King has taken it really personally that his man-crush lied to him repeatedly about retiring for good.

i think we have a good team to be in contention but everyone picking the pats to win it all like 2004 isnt too comforting..its not the same team on defense and experience.

Why is it bad to have the media think we have the best team?

The SB is going to be won by whoever it is going to be won by whether these articles are written or not and anyone makes predictions or not.

well not really but there are other teams which have equally good if not better teams.
its funny we riduculed everyone picking the colts because of their offense and ignoring their defense and now everyone is picking the pats just because of the 2007 offense really and nothing else.
We were a top 10 defense last year, and by all accounts it is very likely we have improved it.
You sound like we are the 80s Chargers.

Look at it this way. Skip last year because of the Brady effect. Compare this team to the one that was 16-0 in 2007, and where do you see the huge differences? We didnt go 16-0 in 2007 only because of offense.

The NFC is wide open, and with the exception of Detroit and maybe St. Louis, there isn't a team that would really shock me if they came out of nowhere to make a run to the Super Bowl. It'll be tough for Chicago to hold off Minnesota and Green Bay though.

The NFC is wide open, and with the exception of Detroit and maybe St. Louis, there isn't a team that would really shock me if they came out of nowhere to make a run to the Super Bowl. It'll be tough for Chicago to hold off Minnesota and Green Bay though.

Personally, I think it's either going to be Green Bay or New York to come out of the NFC (save for a team that comes out of nowhere) and go to the Super Bowl. Green Bay has been looking nasty lately and Rodgers appears to be on the verge of an incredible year. For them, it all depends on how their transition to the 3-4 goes. So far, though, the defense has been looking pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News