PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King is an idiot, Part 3245678

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos' defense is very good, don't get me wrong, but it takes a pretty generous overrating of the Ravens' offense to conclude that they're elite. The Ravens sucked for large stretches of last season, and that was when they actually had a deep threat. Kamar Aiken is their WR2 right now, and their LT missed the game. It's bad.

Granted Peter King is not as an idiot as Walter at Walter Football who has dubbed Tom Brady as a "rotting corpse" who is done and can do nothing but throw check downs. And his performance on Thursday was "check down after check down" and not impressive. He ranks the Patriots 9th and brings up the cheating scandal that was proven wrong.

He is so butt hurt over Brady winning in court that he is throwing away any credibility he had to trash Brady.

Here is what Walter wrote about the Pats:

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/patriotsb_logo.gif

http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

I don't get why people still take this guy seriously. He's proven time and time again that he has no idea what he's talking about.

We have predicted that before about KC vs denver. They just cant seem to beat them.

I think Manning is looking at a physical pounding from KC the likes of which he has never experienced in his NFL career. Note that he already sustained a back injury last week. His OL is porous and he knows he can't get throws into tight spaces anymore so his decision-making has slowed down considerably. I think he's holding the ball longer when he cannot afford to do so.

The Broncos' defense is very good, don't get me wrong, but it takes a pretty generous overrating of the Ravens' offense to conclude that they're elite. The Ravens sucked for large stretches of last season, and that was when they actually had a deep threat. Kamar Aiken is their WR2 right now, and their LT missed the game. It's bad.

Flacco more than most QBs desperately needs a deep threat. I was never a big fan of Torrey Smith because he is wildly inconsistent (see last night where he got 1 catch on three targets for 11 yards), but he was at least even when he was doing nothing, a decoy to keep defenses honest and have them play deep which opened up the run. Without a deep threat, Flacco sucks.

I am in the camp that is BOTH Manning's decline and Kubiak's offense. Manning at this stage of the game needs to be in the shotgun almost exclusively. A lot of the bad throws were because he just doesn't have the arm anymore. Others were because he was not able to step into the throw like he likes to because he is on the move.

Their offense was almost exclusively operating out of the shotgun in 2014 and Manning wasn't playing much better. He's 39 and has had multiple neck surgeries. The guy is toast and it's very easy to see unlike Brady in the first four weeks last season.

Their offense was almost exclusively operating out of the shotgun in 2014 and Manning wasn't playing much better. He's 39 and has had multiple neck surgeries. The guy is toast and it's very easy to see unlike Brady in the first four weeks last season.

I think if they operated exclusively in the shotgun, Manning would be better. Not anything like he was last year before midseason where he was an MVP candidate. But better. The way he played on Sunday, he is a lower third in the league starting QB. If he was running the Adam Gase offense, he would be middle of the pack and decline as it got colder.

The one thing that must keep Elway up at night is if this is what Manning is doing in September, what is he going to be like November and December especially if he is getting hit like he is?

I think if they operated exclusively in the shotgun, Manning would be better. Not anything like he was last year before midseason where he was an MVP candidate. But better. The way he played on Sunday, he is a lower third in the league starting QB. If he was running the Adam Gase offense, he would be middle of the pack and decline as it got colder.

The one thing that must keep Elway up at night is if this is what Manning is doing in September, what is he going to be like November and December especially if he is getting hit like he is?

Yeah, would probably be the difference between a D+ and a D-, but there would be at least a small improvement. It would atleast help him get the ball out quicker, which with his nonexistent arm strength he really, really needs to do. Wouldn't solve the fundamental problem that he longer has any kind of an arm, though.

At this point, though, I think they're just better off maximizing their running game and hoping that Manning can give them a couple good throws per week.

Power rankings are useless. Some of the idiotic logic behind some of them deserved to be mocked.

they are useless which is why I tend not to complain or care about them.

I can never get enough of this particular separated-at-birth variation :D

h7D59EF51

By the way is he really the monarch of that bag of ****s I keep reading about?

I actually LIKE when the Patriots aren't rated highly....I hope this is the case until December.

Does anyone actually care where we're rated?

Peter King is, first and foremost, a politician. Think of his writings as a portfolio in which he his trying to spread around his favoritism to maintain a balance of relationships with as many people in the game and in the media as possible that will be to his greatest advantage. He is just trying to prolong his time at the "top" of his profession by sucking up to as many people as possible at different times. You have to view everything he writes in that context.

I just don't take him seriously as an observer of the NFL. I only take him seriously as the promoter of Peter King.

I think Elway is actually secretly hoping those hits come quicker. Manning was his boy and FA-recruitment project, now the only way he can get Osweiler in there and get some consistency at ab position (albeit lesser than manning of old- but better than now) is if pay-me goes down for injury.

IMO you guys saying Denver will be one and done in playoffs are being generous. I don't see Denver making the playoffs at all, at least if payme stays upright.

Well see

I love it. Keep pimping the Broncos and Manning to win it all, it just makes their downfall that much sweeter. The only thing that could have worked better than Manning getting destroyed by the Seahawks and Brady then beating them and winning MVP of the Super Bowl would have been Brady winning both. It ended the Brady/ Manning debate for good.

are you guys seriously griping about power rankings? if manning doesn't make mistakes his defense and running game could lead them to a lot of wins.

What are you basing this on? Their performance against an offense with 0 weapons outside of a 36 year old Steve Smith? I believe Baltimore was missing their LT as well.

It will help them win games against the worst offenses in the league. That's about it.

As I said in my last post, his site used to be good to get free agent pick up analysis, mock drafts, etc. Now he has been exposed as a hack.

This is Walter Football, who founded the website as a senior in high school. I'm fairly certain he was always a hack, man.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-04-at-2.57.21-AM.png

Granted Peter King is not as an idiot as Walter at Walter Football who has dubbed Tom Brady as a "rotting corpse" who is done and can do nothing but throw check downs. And his performance on Thursday was "check down after check down" and not impressive. He ranks the Patriots 9th and brings up the cheating scandal that was proven wrong.

He is so butt hurt over Brady winning in court that he is throwing away any credibility he had to trash Brady.

Here is what Walter wrote about the Pats:

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/patriotsb_logo.gif

http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

Holy ****, how the hell does Brady check down inside of 1.85 seconds? That's pretty fast. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes