Peter King gives props to the Pats o-line

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

#12 Jersey

From his MMQB:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/09/Week1/1.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/09/Week1/3.html

2. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

They were awesome. If they keep it up this week against SD then look out rest of NFL.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  3. Metaphors

Metaphors In the Starting Line-Up

Got to disagree with Peter King on one point. I believe that Brady and BB are going to give Moss opportunities to make plays every game. So Moss may have games with only 1 or 2 catches, but I don't think he will have many games with less than 6-8 attempts thrown his way.

4. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Just...a little...bump. good stuff and I don't want to miss it later. Thanks for understanding.

5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

#50 Jersey

While I loved how the Pats O-line played yesterday, lets be honest. The Jets Front 3 is mediocre and really didn't challenge the Pats. In fact, I was surprised at how vanilla the Jets defense was. I don't remember seeing any stunts or delayed blitzes. And those are two things the SD Chargers Front 7 do extremely well.

6. Rob0729

#12 Jersey

Although I do have to admit that I am not impressed with the Jets defense at all, the o-line play would be considered spectacular no matter how bad the defense was. I have seen a lot of great o-lines play against some bad defenses with worse results.

7. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

I'm happy to see the OL get praised by PK but...
    Something should be said about the Pats using the max protect
    with 6 OL and 2 TE. I don't know if he noticed this or not.
    Don't know how ofteN they used this alignment but I sure wouldn't mind seeing it for SD.

8. Rob0729

#12 Jersey

The good thing is with better WRs, we can use more max protection. The good news about the Chargers is that their weakest point on defense are their CBs. I don't think Jammer can go one on one with Moss.

9. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

I think the play-side safety had a delayed blitz on Welker's TD, but we shouldn't compare the Jets and Chargers Ds, as the latter will provide a much bigger test next week. One aspect that made me happy was that now the Pats can max protect and still have WRs that can get open in one-on-one coverage, unlike most of last year.

10. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

I'm not sure the Jets really have the right front 3 for the 3-4, especially Robertson. And the 3-4 is anchored on the NT. Vilma is a great player, but he's too small for the 3-4. Probably why we saw all those jumbo packages with O'Callahan as TE.

R

11. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

#22 Jersey

Signbabybrady wants to give major props to the O-line, That was as dominant a proformance as I can remember from our O-line both running and passing.

As for those that question how much the jets blitzed, they didn't go crazy but they were bringing 4 and 5 pretty consistantly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.