PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Prisco has an orgasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Peyton plays another 5 to 6 years at his current level of production, he will have broken nearly EVERY meaningful record there is for quarterbacks. If that happens, whether he wins another super-bowl or not, he will retire as the greatest quarterback of all-time. Winning the super-bowl, and the games mvp, was the final piece of the puzzle.

Whether the haters like it or not, thats a fact.

My point was more to them saying he was the best superbowl qb! He's played in one game against a rex grossman led team:rolleyes: There's no doubt he's heading to the HOF...but the ballwashing has gotten way out of hand!

Manning-lovers in the media have been waiting three years to put those ass kissing articles up.

Some of the stuff is just laughable. For instance:

You might think that so much poor play would relegate them to the middle tier of NFL champions, but I think it means that the 2006 Colts, playoff edition, were so dominant that they could fall asleep for entire quarters and still win convincingly. The team the Colts put on the field for Super Bowl XLI will go down as one of the best in history.

So note to the rest of the league: look out. Peyton Manning and the more-dominant-than-you-think Colts may not be one and done when it comes to winning Super Bowls.

I mean, just imagine what these Colts would have done to teams in the playoffs if they had actually played well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6441418

Indy finally wins with a team that probably isn't as good as they were two-three years ago, and all of a sudden the rest of the NFL better "watch out". The guy that wrote this article acts like the Colts were the only team in the league or history that had to overcome obstacles.

That last part of the article is ridiculous. Two can play at that game: just imagine what would have happened to the Colts if KC's offense could have taken advantage of IND's turnovers, or McNair didn't get intercepted on the goalline, or the Patriots didn't have to fly across the country twice with a handful of guys battling the flu.

Indianapolis deserved the Super Bowl, but these type of articles are a joke and nothing more.

Yup, a Playoff performance for the Ages. Three TDs; Seven INTs. PR 65.

HOF Numbers.!!!!

Meaningful?

His defense and a soft postseason schedule got him a ring.

Fraudulent Chiefs
Overrated Ravens
Worn-out-banged-up-aging Patriots
Sucky Bears

In truth, Peyton still hasn't beaten a superior team in the playoffs. He avoided playing the Chargers on the road, which is the only reason he's got a ring.

Well, I can't really argue with this. I thought defensive rankings actually MEANT something. I would never have guessed that the 3 best defenses in the league were actually "soft" and "overrated".

Question- if we can't go by their statistical rankings then how do we know which teams are really good and which are "soft" and "overrated"?:rolleyes:

Well, I can't really argue with this. I thought defensive rankings actually MEANT something. I would never have guessed that the 3 best defenses in the league were actually "soft" and "overrated".

Question- if we can't go by their statistical rankings then how do we know which teams are really good and which are "soft" and "overrated"?:rolleyes:

So, you're confident that your team would have beaten SD?

The Colts won because of their D and that they were spared SD.

The Ravens played the weakest RS schedule of any AFC playoff team.

Peyton struggled against the Chiefs.

How does beating the Ravens help Peyton? The Colts were kept out of the endzone. Manning was terrible in that game too. McNair was exposed vs Indy. Lewis hasn't been a great RB in 5 years and played with an ankle injury.

The Pats played the toughest team in the playoffs and won but had nothing left. Yet only lost by 4 points.

Da Bears play in the Nominal Football Conference and would have lost to SD and NE, maybe Baltimore as well.

Just because your team won doesn't eliminate the poor past performances of Peyton's playoff exits. Had Peyton gotten through SD to win the SB, I wouldn't be making this post. Brady has played statistically well in and beaten superior playoff teams: 2001 Rams, 2004 Steelers, 2006 Chargers.

There are stats that are meaningless: Comp%, total passing yards, etc. And there are stats that are okay but flawed: Passer Rating (puts too much emphasis on Comp%). CHFF uses quality wins to determine playoff winners. However, despite being a good indicator of RS games, their quality stats are across the board which is why it failed to predict winners in this year's playoffs. I say, apply quality stats within the boundaries of the RS and QR for the postseason.

If you want a non-Patriots opinion, go to www.profootballtalk.com

Mike Florio pointed out that Rhodes, not Peyton should have gotten the SB MVP. He pointed out that Rhodes played better than SB XXV MVP Ottis Anderson, while Jeff Hostetler played better than Peyton.

Pete Prisco and all the other idiots were right because they pick the Colts every damn year!

Also, I love how Manning has been losing since his freshman year at Tennessee, and all of a sudden, one year he wins instead of losing like the other 10, and all of a sudden he is a "winner." Unbelievable....

On the Harrison note, I think Harrisons lack of productivity shows how much Harrison is responsible for Mannings great regular season stats. When Harrison doesn't play well, Manning plays worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft