PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perspective: I'll Take The Pats' Status This Morning Versus Any Other NFL Team's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Perspective: I'll Take The Pats' Status This Morning Versus Any Other NFL Team'

Well said! This team is going to have some growing pains. We can't expect to play perfect every single week.

Tell that to the doom and gloomers that are out in full force

Re: Perspective: I'll Take The Pats' Status This Morning Versus Any Other NFL Team'

As crazy as it sounds, I don't see a Ravens defense minus Webb, Lewis, and Suggs and with a hobbled Ngata to be any better if at all than what the Pats are putting out there. If Ngata can't play at a high level, then Ed Reed is the only guy on that team that worries me.

It hasn't been much, if any, better with them.

lol ... go back to the game day threads, and read some of your masterpieces my friend ... :cool:

Last edited:

Well said! This team is going to have some growing pains. We can't expect to play perfect every single week.
Growing pains? The Patriots have had problems in the secondary for years. The major bright spot is Chandler Jones. He looks a rare talent.

honestly, anyone who says the "pats are out of it" really need to take a step back...being 3-3 sucks...but the whole AFC is a mess...we really could end up going on a run starting next week.

The texans are still..the texans, and finally facing real competition didnt look like worldbeaters

and the Ravens are going to have to ride on the arm of Joe flacco to win them games with how their defense is turning out this year...

First and foremost, the sky isn't falling. I'm still confident that this team can win 10-12 games and will definitely win the AFC East (though that's more due to the subpar play of the 3 other teams). What does concern me off course, is the secondary, and the inability of this team to close out games. Who knows, maybe by week 17, this team will have become more clutch, but this secondary is a gaping weakness that I fear will be teams undoing if they face any above average QB come January. If this team's pass rush was an elite one, this would be less of a concern, but it isn't. I'm simply frustrated that the onus always has to fall on the O to win games. One good thing, however, is that so far, I don't believe that the Pats haven't lost any major players for the season. Houston has lost Cushing, and the Ravens have lost Webb and Lewis. If we head into the playoffs as the most healthy team, it could go a long way towards helping us.

Last edited:

lol ... go back to the game day threads, and read some of your masterpieces my friend ... :cool:

During the game yes..but i don't overreact after the fact like you do every single game. Still not sure you are even a pats fan. Haven't seen you say 1 positive thing yet chicken little!

It will be about applying the write bandages on defense and being consistent on offense. Can you imagine Rex Ryan trying to prepare his D for our offense? Do you focus on the run, the pass, the spread, the jumbo, or the warp-speed no huddle? If this offense can score 30-35ppg…we should be able to hold anyone to less than that.

My post is referring to SF and Houston's defense, not ours. People were crapping on their defenses for one bad performance hence my post.

As for our defense I agree it's pitiful and that's part of the reason I have alot of trouble putting our team ahead of Houston and SF right now, among other teams possibly.
Oh, I see. Sorry I read your post out of context.

Arrington at CB over McCourty? Are you out of your mind? McCourty isn't a world beater to say the least but he has been relatively solid.

He cannot very well play corner and safety now can he? And yes to others I know Dowling has been a nickel CB so far but changes need to be made. Heck last year Edelman and Slater played back there!!!!!!!!

Doesn't look like you need 11-5 to win the division this year, though it's still early. I'd love to see the team shoot out there and go 13-3 but realistically we're looking at fighting for a playoff spot and getting in at 10-6 or (gasp) 9-7. ::Shrug:: Works for the Gintz. Welcome to the real world, britches. I am speaking to my pants which groan every time I get dressed.

You guys remember that, right? Fighting for a playoff spot? A lot of teams do that every year and shout praises to deities of their choice when they actually make it.

It looks like that kind of year. I always prefer that it didn't and we were 16-0 after the regular season and all, but that's the facts, Jack.

Cope. We're in a dogfight this year. The regular season matters.

What we know is that the Patriots cannot beat teams with winning records.

The combined record of the three teams they've beaten is 8-10. Not impressive.

3 Losses by a total of 4 points.

Against teams that are a combined 13-5.

Have only 3 more true road games left this season.

It's a young team. Who would you rather be?

HOUSTON lost Cushing for the year and gave up 42 points at home to a visiting team that came in 2-3.

BALTIMORE lost Webb and Lewis for the season and survived TWO LAST MINUTE failings by the visiting Cowboys.

ATLANTA is a paper tiger 6-0 and was exceptionally lucky to squeak by the Oakland
FREAKING Raiders yesterday on a last second 55 yard FG.

SAN FRANCISCO got blown to smithereens on their own field yesterday.

Please, someone tell me what other team would you rather trade places with this morning?

Well, the Giants didn't have a half bad day on Sunday. And, personally, I'd rather that the Falcons' "paper" turn to something a little stronger, as, should things turn around and that Pats end up in New Orleans in February as something other than commentators for the networks, I sure wouldn't want to be facing Eli a third time.

As someone else observes in this thread, we did win three SB's by a total of nine points, so I don't think we can have it both ways on that score (no pun intended).

I think Belichick pretty well stated the bottom line. The Pats have to figure out how to close games, they have to do a whole lot better than 1 for 6 in the Red Zone (let alone throw picks in the end zone), they have to stop making big mistakes (intentional grounding x2, especially when it takes points off the board) and the Defense has to stop giving up multiple big plays every game or it's going to be a long season, even if they lose each game they lose only by an average of 1.3333 points.

Personally, I'm optimistic that they will do just that; but it won't be because of what they have done so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes