PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per King...

Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps it is Giselle's will to win that is carrying the patriots? I bet she watches the games now. Maybe it's all about the supermodel.

I have a huge will to fornicate with Giselle Munchkin? You think I got a shot?

Good enough for Hines Ward, good enough for ADPF!

King hates the Pats, and more specifically, Belichick, that's how!

Outside of spygate, PETER KING IS THE BIGGEST PATRIOTS BALL-WASHER AROUND. People need to be honest about this. The guy's a dope, it's a ridiculous point about Ward, but he does NOT hate the Patriots. Not even close.

We've gone from an unbeatable best-team-ever contender, to a team that is going to lose at home to whoever happens to be the next opponent.

The media is blowing in the wind.

King hates the Pats, and more specifically, Belichick, that's how!

Actually I disagree. King has always been a Patriots supporter. Just this year he has had more ammo against the Pats and wrote or said some things that many here do not agree with.

Steelers 27, Patriots 20
Five reasons: 1. A.J. Feeley and Kyle Boller have put up 52 points on the Patriots the last two weeks; Ben Roethlisberger won't make the kind of late-game mistakes those two backups did. 2. Brian Westbrook and Willis McGahee have rushed for 190 yards on the Pats the last two weeks. I'm not in love with Willie Parker's recent rushing numbers -- 52, 81 and 87 yards, against three straight sub-.500 teams -- but I think the Patriots will be vulnerable against a power running game. 3. Pats are tired after three straight night games, including the emotional Monday-nighter in frigid Baltimore. Bill Belichick didn't even practice them Wednesday, an incredible rarity with a Sunday game upcoming. 4. Hines Ward's will to win. The dude leads the league in it. 5. Just a gut feeling. The strain of going for perfection seems to be wearing on New England, while Pittsburgh is just bullyish enough not to fear the enormity of Sunday's stage.

Can somebody explain "Hines Ward's will to win. The dude leads the league in it". So according to King, there a new category to rate players.

Wouldn't be great if we all get paid for our will to work!!!

This is what I think I think (I think...)

Ben is just as prone to making big mistakes as those two backups are - that's why he's not quite elite.

Willie Parker has fumbilitis. Besides, regardless of what Westbrook and McGahee did, their teams still lost, and not just to us...

I know we're tired. We're also tired of hearing how the next team on the docket is the one who will do us in.

Hines Wards will to win pales only in comparison to Tom Brady's, Rodney Harrisons, Mike Vrabel's, Tedy Bruschi's, et al...not to mention Bill Belichick's.

Just like they were bullyish enough not the feel the enormity of the big stage when they needed more than a little help from the striped 12th man to beat the mighy Seattle Seahawks. :rolleyes: Too bad they were not bright enough to actually realize the enormity of that JETS game or bullyish enough to win that Cardinals game or they'd still be in the hunt for HFA or at least the other bye...

So Peter, how many points have the Patriots averaged at home (38) vs. the Steelers on the road (23)? How many points on average have we put up on the blueprint teams with nothing to lose in the last 3 weeks (38) versus how many have the Steelers averaged in the last 3 weeks (14)?

Peter's just back to out thinking himself.

It's all coming together, huh? Steelers players guaranteeing a win, experts picking against the Pats... Can you imagine a better scenario?

no, no i cannot, i was getting a little annoyed at all the lines, really really really was....now its time to change things

the line was at 25, then 20...let it drop plz, let it be a reasonable line, and then let the other teams have a chance, that is wut i want to see...and why not? i think the pats roll from now on

I think Peter King leads the league in basing opinions on "gut feelings."

If Hines Ward's will to win is so unmatchable, what happened against the F-ing jets? Or the Cards? Or fill-in-name-of-lame-team-they-lost-to-here.

And since when did they have a power running game? Willie Parker scored two touchdowns all season and lives off the big, fast run. Davenport can show power, but they won't lean on him the whole game.

Steelers 27, Patriots 20
Five reasons: 1. A.J. Feeley and Kyle Boller have put up 52 points on the Patriots the last two weeks; Ben Roethlisberger won't make the kind of late-game mistakes those two backups did. 2. Brian Westbrook and Willis McGahee have rushed for 190 yards on the Pats the last two weeks. I'm not in love with Willie Parker's recent rushing numbers -- 52, 81 and 87 yards, against three straight sub-.500 teams -- but I think the Patriots will be vulnerable against a power running game. 3. Pats are tired after three straight night games, including the emotional Monday-nighter in frigid Baltimore. Bill Belichick didn't even practice them Wednesday, an incredible rarity with a Sunday game upcoming. 4. Hines Ward's will to win. The dude leads the league in it. 5. Just a gut feeling. The strain of going for perfection seems to be wearing on New England, while Pittsburgh is just bullyish enough not to fear the enormity of Sunday's stage.

Can somebody explain "Hines Ward's will to win. The dude leads the league in it". So according to King, there a new category to rate players.

Wouldn't be great if we all get paid for our will to work!!!

The only emotion I remember after the game was from the Baltimore players. And what the hell does the "frigid" weather have to do with anything??? Does this guy have any clue what he's talking about??? (rhetorical question...)

It's all coming together, huh? Steelers players guaranteeing a win, experts picking against the Pats... Can you imagine a better scenario?

I like it!! I like it!! Bring it on!! More!! More!!

:mad:

//

Leagues leader in Will to Win: Brady
Teams desire to win: Patriots
Biggest Chip on Shoulder: Harrison (no mention of guarantee, Peter?)
All this talk about running the ball on the Patriots, has anyone noticed how no one runs the ball on the Patriots in the fourth quarter? Not even to pick up a first down when needing two yards.
Nothing could be better then the media starting in again on how the Patriots will lose, except for an idiot opponent guaranteeing victory.

Did King say anyone on the Pats did not have a will to win?

Who cares if someone picks against them. I'm a little nervous myself.

Agreed. The psychological edge should be with the Pats. Just guts feeling...

All else equal, Pats will win handily if they just have a normal, good day in the office.

Steelers 27, Patriots 20

I love it!!! :D
The Patriots will have at least 20 on the board by HALFTIME. Mark my words!!!! Just as I was scared to death of the Raven game and said so two weeks before it was played I have all the confidence in the world about Sunday's game. The Steelers have NOTHING on their resume to merit this King love and that's why I love the Patriots to win and to win BIG on Sunday.
Embrace the hate Patriot nation!! I'm loving it and hoping everyone picks against us!! :rocker:

The Steelers have their suitcases packed for their trip to the ......
oh wait they already did that back in 2002..How'd that work out for them???

Here's to "gut feelings." Thanks Peter.

i have a feeling he won't be picking against the Pats again this season

What happened to that "will to win" on the fourth-and-goal sweep play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News