PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Florio - Case assigned to a 'liberal' judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you responding to my post by mistake? Because I'm not following what you're trying to say here. My post was a tongue-in-cheek response to Fnordcircle.

I know and I know what you were implying when you made it, its just funny because in doing so you actually did something that was politically incorrect which would make it ironic because of the people he's talking about in his post.

I'm interested in which team the judge cheers for.

who are the walker lovers and what has that got to do with the price of tea in china?

She's not really a Walker lover... but finds them useful...
the-walking-dead-michonne-pets.jpg

This guy is a Walker lover...
david-morrissey-governor-penny-walking-dead-season-3-amc.jpg

I know Doty is the preferred judge of the NFLPA, but I still think a nice little swerve would be filing in Massachusetts. The NFL isn't familiar with the judges, and there really shouldn't be any jurisdictional issues there. :confused:
There are no liberal judges in MA :rolleyes:

You guys do know that Brady is a right wing, right? ;)

Despite Brady's father and Brady's one-time Bush ties, that's not obvious, unless there's more direct evidence I'm not aware of.

You can look at it the other way and he is screwing the NFLPA by giving them a short timeframe to put together an appropriate response.

Everybody knows that the ruling on an injunction to allow Brady to keep playing needs to come quickly.

This is time pressure on Brady, not the NFL, so the NFL may be trying to cash in by, for example, finding a way to keep things out of Doty's court. But even the NFL knows that a decision has to happen quickly.

For what it's worth, conservatives are generally pretty staunchly in support of upholding the provisions of any contract -- union or not.

You're conflating conservatives and libertarians to the point of error.

Wriggling out of pension contract obligations is a HUGE conservative political issue right now.

It's pretty simple, in my opinion. As soon as anybody brings up the phone as a major issue, I disregard everything else they say.

Yeah, the phone in the opinion of the league is the smoking gun but in reality it is the red herring. Goodell tried to make it the smoking gun.

I don't blame Brady's lawyers at all. When was the last time the NFL went to court to affirm their own ruling? It never happens. This is unprecedented and no one was expecting this. Even the legal experts were caught off guard by this move.

Totally disagree.
That's why these pretenders get paid nearly 4 figures per hour to figure these things out.
Don Yee & the NFLPA Keller & Co. have been playing defense while the NYFL clowns have outmaneuvered them time after time. They forget it's Brady's legacy, a Public issue that is in play here.

Clearly, nobody in Team Brady has read Sun Tzu. While they were busy with their billing, the NYFL seized the legal initiative preparing the battle space.

Late to the party reacting to the destroyed cell phone too rather than being pre-emptive.

P.S. and whoever on the Patriots had any media/PR responsibility and let him go to that SB press con like a deer in the headlights should have been fired

Last edited:
Totally disagree.
That's why these pretenders get paid nearly 4 figures per hour to figure these things out.
Don Yee & the NFLPA Keller & Co. have been playing defense while the NYFL clowns have outmaneuvered them time after time. They forget it's Brady's legacy, a Public issue that is in play here.

Clearly, nobody in Team Brady has read Sun Tzu. While they were busy with their billing, the NYFL seized the legal initiative preparing the battle space.

Late to the party reacting to the destroyed cell phone too rather than being pre-emptive.

P.S. and whoever on the Patriots had any media/PR responsibility and let him go to that SB press con like a deer in the headlights should have been fired
Brady's team had a great and I do mean great 54 page document in within 24 hours that has key elements from the NFL's doc the day before and Kraft's statement. They would have no idea when NFL would release the arbitration ruling. The NFL used a sleazy tactic. Good for the NFL, but it does not reflect badly on team Brady.

On your PS, the Patriots and Brady were staggered by the Gardi letter which if true would have meant someone did something.

OK, a 54 page doc that nobody reads outside the court system that should have been ready to go with even a minimally competent legal team.

Since Brady & PR know that Brady did not do something, prepare him for that and coach him to defer any other "team" questions.

Totally disagree.

So if aliens come out of the sky tomorrow and blows up half this country, are you going to blame the military for not being ready for an alien attack? This is what basically happened when the NFL filed first. It is always a possibility it could happen, but it never happens.

So if aliens come out of the sky tomorrow and blows up half this country, are you going to blame the military for not being ready for an alien attack? This is what basically happened when the NFL filed first. It is always a possibility it could happen, but it never happens.

Exactly. It has never happened like this in any case when the NFL handed down punishment. Complete slime and screw the people who are applauding it.

As I think about it the Jets 2009 K Ball tampering looms larger to me. Exact same scenario and it is a team issue the kicker not involved.

What a ludicrous example not worth addressing

What a ludicrous example not worth addressing

How is it ludicrious. If anyone said last week that the NFL would go to court to affirm Goodell's appeal decision, you would have laughed at that. It was never a realistic possibility in anyone's mind. It was as realistic to people as aliens invading Earth.

I think it is just as ludicrous to suggest that the NFLPA should have seen it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes