PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pennington released per ESPN - my bet is the Vikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Chad I'm going to Minnesota and that's it. It shouldn't take him long to overtake Jackson. While he should also have little problem taking over the Bears, Minnesota is a better team, and they play inside. And Chad should realize that his soft arm outside in the winter isn't the best fit. He would be perfect on Minnesota.

Agreed, especially since Chicago was counting on a rookie to start at LT and he just had back surgery. Minnesota has to be a frontrunner...but unlike others, I don't totally rule out the possibility that Pennington would be willing to carry a clipboard here.

I like Chad, he's a gamer. I hope he doesn't go to Miami.

Re: Pennington to be released per ESPN- my bet is the Vikes

Shefter proposed the Chiefs based on Chad's relationship with Herm.

I think they like what Croyle has been showing them this year at least I thought I heard that from Randy Cross (I believe it was him) on the NFL radio.

Chicago is idiotic if they don't make a strong push to pick him up. Minnesota may, but I think they still feel committed to Jackson. Unless I had no other options, I wouldn't even think about KC or Miami if I was Pennington. Of course, I'd still like to see him here as Brady's backup, but with the number of teams ready to offer him starting jobs, it's unlikely.

Of course, I'd still like to see him here as Brady's backup, but with the number of teams ready to offer him starting jobs, it's unlikely.

I'm sure that Chad wants a chance to play football. But if it comes down to a choice between:

A. competing for a starting job on a terrible team with a porous o-line and a coach on the hot seat, in some tucked-away corner where Jets fans can instantly forget him

vs.

B. standing on the sideline with the Patriots

I don't think that A is a slam-dunk by any means.

Sure, if the choice is only between Miami, KC and the Patriots, I could see Pennington at the very least thinking long and hard about holding a clipboard for the Patriots. But guys who have started, and are competitive, would still rather go out and get killed playing on Sundays than relaxing on the sidelines, calling plays in. So I won't hold my breath, but I'll hold out a little hope it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes