PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans.com NFL News Page

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone uses this (very few do, based on the analytics). I just redesigned and cleaned this up a bit to hopefully make it a little more useful. It updates every few minutes, so it typically has timely stuff on it. I'm still working on trying to keep non-NFL stuff from popping up on it, but just trying to provide another resource for people since the league's page and everywhere else is sort of a mess.

Lastly, it's still a work in progress so any suggestions, etc. are certainly appreciated. One quick note - each team page does have either the all-time record for the club since 2000 (under Belichick), or at least the last 20 meetings. So that should hopefully be helpful as well :cool:

I don't know if anyone uses this (very few do, based on the analytics). I just redesigned and cleaned this up a bit to hopefully make it useful. It updates every few minutes, so it typically has timely stuff on it. I'm still working on trying to keep non-NFL stuff from popping up on it, but just trying to provide another resource for people since the league's page and everywhere else is sort of a mess.

I didn't at first.

But lately, I have been making a concerted effort to visit, and read, the articles.

Here's to hoping the clicks help raise your profile, because it's worth reading :thumbsup:

Lot better than most "articles"

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
I didn't.

I have been making a concerted effort to visit, and read, the articles.

Here's to hoping the clicks help raise your profile, because it's worth reading :thumbsup:

Lot better than most "articles"
Thanks, that's obviously appreciated :) And this (sort of) new NFL page isn't our stuff. These are gathered from around the various markets to keep up with what's being written locally with some interesting stories popping up from time to time.

I actually put this together back during the summer of 2020, and there are I think about 600+ sources total. But I've recently been trying to organize it better as well as keep it updated since many of them have changed their site and I didn't catch it, which breaks things a bit. Good times ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Ian for all the hard work you put in to inform and entertain us.

Thanks, that's obviously appreciated :) And this (sort of) new NFL page isn't our stuff. These are gathered from around the various markets to keep up with what's being written locally with some interesting stories popping up from time to time.

I actually put this together last summer, and there are I think about 600+ sources total. But I've recently been trying to organize it better as well as keep it updated since many of them have changed their site and I didn't catch it, which breaks things a bit. Good times ;)
A sort of but not really affiliate link type thing?

I saw one of your articles on yardbarker on yahoo last week iirc (maybe this week?) ...

A sort of but not really affiliate link type thing?

I saw one of your articles on yardbarker on yahoo last week iirc (maybe this week?) ...
The Yardbarker thing is a new development that just happened recently. They offered to syndicate us (and a lot of other sites like our friends at Patspropaganda, etc) which is obviously cool while listing our site as where it originated from. I've been selective in what I've sent them so far, but they've been really nice about giving us additional visibility, and I'm definitely appreciative.

It's not an affiliate thing, but it will be based on whatever reads they garner, and it's on a 60-day thing so I won't know for a while how many people read them. Although they don't have a comment section, so there's no way to get any feedback from the people that do see/read them, but still cool nonetheless. :)

And on the NFL page, those also aren't affiliate links or anything. They're just links gathered and aggregated. We don't get anything from doing that since they link directly to all the sources. I was just trying to come up with a better way to keep up with out of market teams (Patriots opponents, etc.), so that was more or less what got it started.

I don't know if anyone uses this (very few do, based on the analytics). I just redesigned and cleaned this up a bit to hopefully make it a little more useful. It updates every few minutes, so it typically has timely stuff on it. I'm still working on trying to keep non-NFL stuff from popping up on it, but just trying to provide another resource for people since the league's page and everywhere else is sort of a mess.

I suspect most of your site's traffic originates on the Patriots Fan Forum message board page so why not provide a Patriots News link and an NFL News link at the top of this popular entry page so lazy people like me don't have to open menus and scroll around.

Reactions: Ian
I suspect most of your site's traffic originates on the Patriots Fan Forum message board page so why not provide a Patriots News link and an NFL News link at the top of this popular entry page so lazy people like me don't have to open menus and scroll around.
There's been a link at the top menu on desktop since last year (the red one that was there - which I removed before the season to the cleaner one we have now with the drop-down menus). There's also a button I added at the same time last year for the news page for each team we play up on the top right where the "Up Next" thing is.

However, I did recently add all the team pages to both the top and also the slide-out menu on mobile instead of just the main NFL one. But otherwise, I didn't want to crowd the top bar on mobile since there are already 5 icons up there as it is.

There is something else that will hopefully be pretty cool coming at some point. I've been working on it for months, and it's coming along. It's basically something I rebuilt off of something we had a few years ago. Should also be a fun thing, so hopefully people like it :)

Quick fix on this - the Patriots links are in a separate database so the redirect on those headlines weren't working. This has been corrected.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back