PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Wives II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the Edelman reference all about? The groping thing? Not even in the same zip code as the violence arrests of the other three.

Nevertheless, neither Talib nor Dennard have declared their righteousness or wrapped themselves in their children the way Lewis has.

Sorry about your daughter - please stick with a criminal charge, people like that need to be punished and not allowed in stadiums like Gillette.

...And, why are we comparing players to fans? By the way, sorry about your daughter, RS 25. I hope she is ok. The sporting industry's competitiveness has become so out of control that players and fans fight and say things so out of control. I mean really, Suggs saying that BB is an arrogant F****ER and the Team Blah, Blah, Blah. Why, because the Pats beat them in the past after we dominated the nfl for years. Nobody coming out in the media to call him or anyone else out on what they say. But everyone calling out BB for not giving CBS an interview. F'em

Hey at least you can say that the NFL does not even maintain a pretense of athletes as role models. Refreshing at least on that one score.

I would call some of the Ravens thugs and would not be far wrong at all using that description. I would do it were I not totally convinced that some of them would consider that a compliment.

Being married to Wes Welker and posting that on your Facebook page? ;)

I'd hold off on marrying Wes Welker until he nails down a long-term deal or at least signs his Franchise Player tender offer. He's got dreamy steely blue eyes, but right now he's a shiftless hobo.

Being married to Wes Welker and posting that on your Facebook page? ;)

If I was married to any one of them. I would be "that wife".

Ok, this is embarrassing to admit but once my husband was laid off from his law firm. It was right before our wedding and REALLY bad timing. I actually prank called the partner who did it. From a pay phone.

I would totally do something like this.:cool:

Yea, and the Pats always come out as the "unclassy, arrogant" team. You know, I'm really starting to hate everyone in the NFL media, "Most" other teams players, and fans. I'm sick of the "cheating BS". They can all suck it. Sorry , I've had a few drinks and I just dont give a $h!t. I'm not bitter about losing, it's just the "we beat the big, bad Pats" mentality. I miss the old days when good teams were respected. I'm really starting to understand BB's outlook. People are just A holes.

He's right. it's ALL noise. It doesn't matter what you say or do, the d-bag media is not interested in anything but a "story".

I completely understand BB's POV and I will never ever ever question his decision making when it comes to the media.

Although what she said was true, it was a lame attempt at deflecting the criticism her husband was getting for some untimely drops during the game. Ray Lewis wasn't even the Raven that was saying disparaging things about her husbands team. She just took the low hanging fruit and teed off on it.

Although what she said was true, it was a lame attempt at deflecting the criticism her husband was getting for some untimely drops during the game. Ray Lewis wasn't even the Raven that was saying disparaging things about her husbands team. She just took the low hanging fruit and teed off on it.

I'm sorry, but Ray Lewis should always be teed off on. And she shouldn't have to apologize for going after the man. He did not pay his dues to society. He did not endure anything that has provided him with the right to feel as reformed or redeemed as he does now. The phony sanctimonious, spiritual, pastor crap is just that. Phony and crap. I apologize to anyone who is dumb enough to believe in this man.

I think it's important to constantly remind people over the next two weeks what this guy did and how no one cares anymore. Because it's truly embarrassing as a society that we'll gloss over such things just because someone is a rich, charismatic, talented football player. On top of that, if he couldn't play football, no one would even care that the two people were killed in the first place. It would just be a stat, a number, and not even a headline. Maybe that's the even more embarrassing thing.

If you really look at Ray Lewis's character and behavior, you see a sociopath. It's only a matter of time before it blows up in his face. Twenty years from now, we will not be talking about Ray Lewis as the great, charismatic leader he is viewed as now.

This real house wives-jersey shore nonsense which I despise. However I'm giving her a pass. All she did was state what everyone is thinking but doesn't say. It amazes me how self righteous blow hards like Costas and King as well as other media can glorify this guy without mention of his checkered past. While so easily taking off hand shots at Belichick and the Patriots after praising them.

You go Girl !A Fact is a Fact !

Suggs made a comment, that we have not won since spygate.
Well the Ravens have not won, since Ray was involved in a double murder.

A Fact is a Fact !

I'm sorry, but Ray Lewis should always be teed off on. And she shouldn't have to apologize for going after the man. He did not pay his dues to society. He did not endure anything that has provided him with the right to feel as reformed or redeemed as he does now. The phony sanctimonious, spiritual, pastor crap is just that. Phony and crap. I apologize to anyone who is dumb enough to believe in this man.

I think it's important to constantly remind people over the next two weeks what this guy did and how no one cares anymore. Because it's truly embarrassing as a society that we'll gloss over such things just because someone is a rich, charismatic, talented football player. On top of that, if he couldn't play football, no one would even care that the two people were killed in the first place. It would just be a stat, a number, and not even a headline. Maybe that's the even more embarrassing thing.

If you really look at Ray Lewis's character and behavior, you see a sociopath. It's only a matter of time before it blows up in his face. Twenty years from now, we will not be talking about Ray Lewis as the great, charismatic leader he is viewed as now.

Maybe in New England you might be preaching to the choir. During the game, I made a Facebook status reminding everyone that they were rooting for a guy that covered up murder (I had also been drinking heavily at the time) and came under criticism myself. Outside of places like New England and Pittsburgh, nobody seems to care. It's "let's win one for Ray" at all costs.

My only problem with Mrs. Welker is that she took back her comments.

The media forgets stuff like this.

In their book, it's ok to get away with murder, as long as you win football games. They call this the greatest redemption story, but I don't understand what he's done to redeem himself besides of course, watch the patriots self-destruct last Sunday to advance into the SB. Are we really gonna trash a man's wife and Belichick and praise the murderer because he won the game?

Mrs. Welker and Mrs. Brady's comments over the past few years tends to suggest that the Patriots really have put together a list of nice boys.

I think the D may need a few maniacs to help the team take the next step.

Maybe in New England you might be preaching to the choir. During the game, I made a Facebook status reminding everyone that they were rooting for a guy that covered up murder (I had also been drinking heavily at the time) and came under criticism myself. Outside of places like New England and Pittsburgh, nobody seems to care. It's "let's win one for Ray" at all costs.

That's because in Ray Lewis, people see what they want to see and grown men want to believe in this guy like kids want to believe in Santa Claus. He's a testament to how shallow we've become as a society that we no longer take the time to ingest and process information, rather just take whatever is on the surface. On the surface is a charismatic, spiritual, fiery man. People take that at face value.

And let's not forget, he didn't just cover up a murder, I believe by Georgia law, he's just as liable as his friends holding the knives. After the fight that left the two dead, his first reaction was to say "my career isn't ending like this." I think that tells you all you need to know about Ray Lewis. The man is a fraud, and any good he's done since then is not out of some BS feeling of redemption he claims to have, but out of his desire to keep out of trouble so as to continue playing football at a high level. This guys is certifiable, and things are not going to go well for him once he hangs it up.

The irony is the guy is the biggest contradiction. He's accepted as a pious man by Christians, yet he helped kill two people. He's a snitch who didn't lose his street cred. He's considered the ultimate team leader, but he's a complete attention-whore. If someone tries to criticize you for calling out Ray Lewis for the fraud he is, just ignore them and call them an idiot, because that's what they are.

Even if this guy wasn't a criminal, his shtick has become so embarrassing it's a topic all by itself.

If I was married to any one of them. I would be "that wife".

Ok, this is embarrassing to admit but once my husband was laid off from his law firm. It was right before our wedding and REALLY bad timing. I actually prank called the partner who did it. From a pay phone.

I would totally do something like this.:cool:

What's a pay phone? :confused:

:)

People falling for Ray's narcissistic retirement announcement made it so the AFCCG resulted in a giant semen cloud over every part of the country except for the New England area. People always celebrate when New England loses, but Ray Lewis made this one particularly bad.

I've got to hand it to Ray, that retirement announcement before the playoffs when everyone thought he might have played his last game was a brilliant tactic. It instantly made Baltimore this year's darling playoff team the refs make a concerted effort to help because fans want to say said team make a run.

The whole thing is comparable to Jerome Bettis picking the year his hometown would hose the superbowl to draw as much attention to his pending retirement as possible when Pittsburgh wqas 7-5 and everyone considered done. Fans fell in love with them as an underdog story the NFL ensured would "Win the superbowl for Bettis!"

While Ray Lewis heads to the Super Bowl, a mother grieves
January 23, 2013 - 10:30 PM
By Tim Graham

AKRON, Ohio -- Thirteen years ago next week, Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker were knifed to death outside an Atlanta nightclub.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and two associates were charged in the double murder. Lewis pleaded guilty to obstruction, a misdemeanor, for his testimony. He was the only suspect convicted of anything in the case.

Lewis and two members of his entourage, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were charged with double-murder.

Baker's blood was found in Lewis' $3,000-a-day limousine. The suit Lewis was wearing that night never has been found. Witnesses reportedly said they saw Lewis at least throw a punch in the melee and then coached everyone in the limo to stay quiet. The witnesses later altered their testimonies.

As the trial unraveled on the prosecution's case, Lewis was offered a deal. He pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor in exchange for testifying against Oakley and Sweeting. Lewis was unconvincing, and both suspects were acquitted.

Nobody was convicted of killing Richard Lollar or Jacinth Baker.

(read the rest here, includes a video: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-...heads-to-the-super-bowl-a-mother-grieves.html)

As we celebrate Ray Lewis, don't forget murder victims
Mike Bianchi, SPORTS COMMENTARY
January 5, 2013

Ray Lewis may or may not be the greatest linebacker of all-time, but he has certainly pulled off the greatest comeback story in the history of sports. He is considered a role model, a team leader, a man known for his hard work on the field and his charitable work off of it.

To fathom the scope of his redemptive powers, all you have to do is click on the two separate Wikipedia pages of Lewis and Michael Vick. In the opening paragraph of Vick's, it mentions his notorious episode of dog-killing. In Lewis' opening paragraph, it chronicles his Pro Bowls, his Super Bowl MVP, even the torn triceps that kept him sidelined for much of this season. But there is not a single mention of the fact that he once was charged with murdering two men.

(read the rest here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...jacinth-baker-joyce-lollar#.UP1uFLg2jWc.email)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News