PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Broncos: 'Expert' Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....I was expecting a fair bit of bronco love, like 60% maybe. 8/9? In Foxboro? With it cold and windy? Have they seen Payton play in those conditions?

I looked because I don't believe in hiding from the world we live in. According to ESPN- we lose

I am scared. Florio picks the Pats. That can't be good.

MDS’s take: The Patriots have really turned things around recently and are probably the second-best team in the AFC right now. Unfortunately, the best team in the AFC is coming to town. Denver’s offense will put up big numbers and win more easily than most people are expecting.

MDS’s pick: Broncos 34, Patriots 20.

Florio’s take: In fifteen prior Brady-Manning contests, the home team is 10-5. The Broncos would win easily in Denver. The Pats find a way to prevail in Foxboro.

Florio’s pick: Patriots 27, Broncos 24.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/30/pfts-week-nine-picks-2/

My expert pick is to go with the guy who wins 87% of his home games.

Wow....I was expecting a fair bit of bronco love, like 60% maybe. 8/9? In Foxboro? With it cold and windy? Have they seen Payton play in those conditions?

That makes me happy.

I'm actually more surprised that an equal majority picked Pittsburgh over Baltimore.

I have more picks right than all of them at 85 and I'm picking the Pats so listen to me :)

I'm actually more surprised that an equal majority picked Pittsburgh over Baltimore.

I don't know if it is that surprising with it being in Pittsburgh and the results the two teams had this past Sunday. A month ago 80% of the national media said the Pats were done and some said Brady was now on that steep fast decline.

Also if short tie hoge is still making picks for ESPN he always goes Steelers so you shouldn't even count him.

Ok, I didn't want to start a new thread for this and I figured this is the best place here. I just heard Greg ****erson say that the Pats can't afford to let the Broncos run on the Pats last year because they barely won by winning in overtime by a field goal and the Pats gave up 31 points . Another head scratcher. Did he forget that the Broncos got a defensive TD and another turnover gave the Broncos' offense a 10 yard TD drive. The Broncos only had one long TD drive (70 yards).

This is why "expert" predictions are useless. Many experts know far less than most of the people on this board.

Damn. Mort-Manning's personal PR guy has picked the pats. Must be reverse jinx technique.

Sportswriters have to do something for a living so they write stuff like this.

It makes sense to pick the Bronocs if you're neutral. Imagine picking the Pats 5 days ago? You'd be totally nuts.

From the Guide to being an Expert, page 3, article 7:

"Ignore history and common sense and just say whatever."

Ok, I didn't want to start a new thread for this and I figured this is the best place here. I just heard Greg ****erson say that the Pats can't afford to let the Broncos run on the Pats last year because they barely won by winning in overtime by a field goal and the Pats gave up 31 points . Another head scratcher. Did he forget that the Broncos got a defensive TD and another turnover gave the Broncos' offense a 10 yard TD drive. The Broncos only had one long TD drive (70 yards).

This is why "expert" predictions are useless. Many experts know far less than most of the people on this board.
****erson has been peeing down his leg the whole show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST