PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS TRADE JAMIE COLLINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
very talented LB but don't remember too many big plays from his this year. most likely 3rd round pick will be #65, the comp pick wont be until 2018 and either #96+ or #128+

still baffling mvoe

Except it's not a third from the Browns, it's one of the Browns' compensation picks. Meaning, at the end of the third round. Compensation picks are now trade-able, and that's what we traded for.

Compensatory 3rd doesn't mean Compensation pick. Cleveland has multiple 3rd round picks. Compensatory 3rd means that the pick will be based on how Collins performs for them..

Couldnt they have just done nothing and let us relax for 2 weeks with the bye ? :-D

I don't get it...if Collins had walked in free agency, wouldn't we get a third round compensatory pick anyway?
yes the following year...so they lose 8 games on a SB caliber team for a comp. 3rd rounder 1 year earlier..doesn't make sense

Uh, why? o_O

First Jones, then Collins... if the team doesn't win the Super Bowl Belichick will be under a lot of fire. And rightfully so...

compensatory 3rd round..so basically this is an early 4th rounder

How could this be for a compensatory pick. Those aren't even awarded until the March owners meeting? Plus, I can't think if anyone they lost in free agency who loss would bring a 3rd round compensatory pick?

What the ****?

91 is a beast.Are you telling me we couldn't get a third for him AFTER the season, even if we let him walk were getting a 4th in the compensation draft area.

So a THIRD from the browns? seriously?
he darn well better be certain we are winning the Super Bowl without him

I don't get it...if Collins had walked in free agency, wouldn't we get a third round compensatory pick anyway?

No. This is not correct. People forget that for the Pats to get a compensatory pick, they'd have to lose more free agents than they signed.. It's not a guarantee. This makes it a guarantee.

Compensatory 3rd doesn't mean Compensation pick. Cleveland has multiple 3rd round picks. Compensatory 3rd means that the pick will be based on how Collins performs for them..
Ah, thanks for clarifying that. The little news of the deal that's available isn't very clear. We'll have to wait for more info. Maybe it's a third that could turn into a second, etc...

Kinda makes this article a little funnier now:
Bill Belichick: Lots of teams 'kind of reluctant to trade'
If you're couched in your office in Cleveland, Houston or fill-in-the-blank city and Belichick dials you up ... what goes through your mind? "We're about to fleece the greatest coach in NFL history," or something closer to: "Crap. What does Bill know that we don't?"

Well, I guess Hightower is getting franchised.

I'm surprised they couldn't get at least a second for Collins. Even if they want to start Roberts over Collins, I'd rather hold onto Collins for injury protection and take the comp pick (likely a late third)...

Cleveland's 3rd is almost a 2nd, and it is reportedly a strong draft.

Got about the same as for Chandler Jones.

As for those wanting Haden, I seem to recall not long ago there was a potentially nasty legal incident with him.

Drug related?

Collins has been spotty and missed a lot of games, remember his illness last year?

OK, when healthy, he has had some outstanding games, and was a much better player than his draft spot suggested.

I'm trying to look at all sides of this and be positive. Maybe this helps getting a longterm deal signed with Bennett.

This is a problem that occurs when a team has too many great players who need to get paid.

Thats all good. But doesnt explain the poor return. Thats just unacceptable.
In fairness, we don't know what the condition is.

Except it's not a third from the Browns, it's one of the Browns' compensation picks. Meaning, at the end of the third round. Compensation picks are now trade-able, and that's what we traded for.

Wow I missed that entirely. That sucks.

Lets hope the players handle this and keep their heads for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes