PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS TRADE JAMIE COLLINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but he traded Dion Branch and I really believe that costed us a Super Bowl. I don't remember what 1st rounder we drafted from the trade but some of the moves BB has made, could have potentially costed us Super Bowl wins.

When you have the best NFL QB to ever play the game you can get away with mistakes because his greatness will cover up bad decisions. There have been a couple bad decisions, nobody is perfect.

This move is a head scratcher we lost a good player, we didn't really get anything in return, and we lost depth at the line backer position. This move feels different.
One of the reasons this program has survived 16 yrs is because of decisions like this. Being decisive is one of BB best traits. He may hit and miss but he doesnt lollygag around. Of course the media and local media in particular loves calling him out but he is comfortable with what he does. One can never accuse him for not doing what he thinks is best. Cant do much about it.
Both fine points in my opinion.

I respect your opinion Robert. I think higher on asante than others. That pick six vs Manning was one of the sweetest interceptions in franchise history. He literally punked Manning

Its all good. Asante suckered in a lot of QBs.

Just goes to show you that we as fans have absolutely NO idea what goes on behind the scenes with the Patriots. None. How many of us, one week before that trade happened, would have had ANY inclination that the Patriots knew that Jamie Collins wasn't part of their future, and were trying to trade him.

Answer: ZERO.

Mike Loyko's timeline has some interesting bits:

He was told that Collins walked out of a meeting before the first Dolphins game last season. The following Saturday is when Collins mysterious illness occurred.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 31m31 minutes ago
One last Jamie Collins tidbit: Was just told he walked out of a meeting last year after the first Dolphins Game. Patriots won 36-7, but..

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 30m30 minutes ago
Collins was responsible for giving up a late rushing TD to Miller (late and delayed on a cross stunt) and BB called him out on it..

Though Loyko does defend him and says he heard he was actually sick, but if the walking out part is true, some pretty interesting timing.

Edit: Oh, and Collins inconsistent play continue, burned by a 73 year old Witten for a TD just now

It's not that Collins is suddenly a bad player, he just isn't playing good right now. He SHOULD totally be fixable, just not sure Cleveland's staff can do that and Collins' career probably just shortened significantly due to the trade.

Just goes to show you that we as fans have absolutely NO idea what goes on behind the scenes with the Patriots. None. How many of us, one week before that trade happened, would have had ANY inclination that the Patriots knew that Jamie Collins wasn't part of their future, and were trying to trade him.

Answer: ZERO.

Makes every trade feel huge, but because of how secretive everything behind those walls are with this team, I don't always understand, but I generally always trust.

Collins just got torched by the Boys. Oh boy.

It's really not surprising that he'd make mistakes playing in a new defense. Problem is that he made mistakes in a familiar one.

Boys TE Witten was left wide open when Collins failed to pick him up and the result was an easy touchdown. This is not really an accurate measure of his ability, however. Collins has had about a week to absorb the Browns system and is still learning it. If he looks this bad a month from now I will agree that he is stinking the place up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back