PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS TRADE JAMIE COLLINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They get a 3rd round pick in this years draft versus a compensatory 3rd rounder in next years. Must really like Roberts' ability to take over the Collins role.

91 is a beast.Are you telling me we couldn't get a third for him AFTER the season, even if we let him walk were getting a 4th in the compensation draft area.

So a THIRD from the browns? seriously?
This is exactly right. This trade doesn't make any sense whatsoever, because we could've held onto Collins for the rest of the season, and then picked up a compensation pick in 2018 after he signs with a new team in the offseason. Like you said, the pick probably would've been a 4th.

So I guess the advantages to this are:
We get a 3rd instead of a 4th, and,
We get the pick in 2017 instead of 2018

Is that really worth forfeiting Collins for the rest of the year?

I was eating some bacon wrapped filet mignon (leftovers) for lunch. It was tasting great and suddenly it tasted link crap when I opened this thread.

Second reaction was similar to another poster and check if it was 4/1.

Obviously they weren't going to resign him and we get a higher 3rd pick than if he walked, but still thought we could get more. Maybe more to come today??

91 is a beast.Are you telling me we couldn't get a third for him AFTER the season, even if we let him walk were getting a 4th in the compensation draft area.

A 3rd from the Browns is 32+ higher picks than any compensatory selection don't forget.

Edit: Ignore this - we traded for the same pick we'd likely get in 2018, just getting it in 2017 instead. Didn't trade for their REAL third.

Last edited:

At what point did I say this is a good deal. Point you're ire at the person who made the trade, not me.

It is hard to understand moving him for only a 3rd.

I wonder if there was something going on off the field.

Its the only explanation. Contract. Behavior. Has to be something.

Problem is Jamie has zero history of being a problem so it has to be contract-related.

Other than the hip injury limiting him a little yesterday I can't see it be performance-related.

Last edited:
Only reason this makes sense as some other poster said Jamie put money over team wasnt A leader on the field.
Elandon Roberts is Malcom Butler.

good god. trading one of the best young LB's in the league for a third. holy **** belichick your a god damned savage.

That makes aboslutely no sense at all. A 3rd?? What in the..

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back