PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats-Saints practice Tuesday August 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady looked terrible in 11 v 11's .... his picks were absolutely awful throws that were forced.

Sounds like the O-line was the difference maker on both sides of the ball according to Bedard.

Practice rundown #11 - Saints - Extra Points - Boston.com

The Patriots had it taken to them by the Saints in 11-on-11 situations, and it started up front. The Patriots’ offensive line was one big sieve against the Saints’ active front and it threw off the entire offense, including QB Tom Brady, who only completed 7 of 16 passes (43.8 percent) and threw an interception. And because of injuries, the Saints were down to their 4-6 CBs for much of team drills. Conversely, the Saints’ terrific offensive line easily handled the Patriots up front as Drew Brees hit on 18 of his 26 passes (69.2 percent) with an interception.

EDIT: Sounds like you were there, What was your take?

Last edited:
I keep hearing that. Then I see that Brady slammed his helmet to the ground in frustration.

I guess it meant something to somebody.

That's because he's a perfectionist. And it's seldom achieved, but striving for it tends to make for better seasons consistently by elevating the performance of those around you.

I couldn't read Bedard today (refuse to pay but he too has since tweeted that OL was an issue) but Chris Price didn't seem as focused on the negative and neither did PFW Paul. He was on with DA a little while ago and he said much of the difficulty in 11-11 was OL related (although he is confident both Vollmer and Mankins will be back if not week 1 then shortly) and he thinks if they are back and Waters eventually shows as most believe he will those issues go away. Brees struggled in 11-11 too. Paul said he also thought part of the problem today (which seemed to be related to timing and being on the same page) might be attributable to some of the participants not doing as good a job of running off coverage to free up lanes and teamates. What you do within the scheme even when you aren't targeted matters. That is the thing fans and mediots seldom grasp in the moment, while the coaches see the effect on the all 22 overnight.

I know what little they showed on NFLN today during drills looked positive. Both Brady and Hoyer seemed to be making some throws that elicited applause from the crowd. Unfortunately the camera work left much to be desired as they focused on Brady most of the time and couldn't seem to back off and show any kind of field view.

Charley Casserly had to comment today on his experience with QB's falling off a cliff (although he sees no sign Brady will this season). Willie was on set and he told him the only cliffs Brady falls off of are in Costa Rica, and they're actually just rocks. Willie should have commented on the history of GM's falling off cliffs...

Last edited:
With the line playing that badly would anyone be surprised if Brady didnt see the field Thursday?

He'll see the field even if only for a series or two. Football players play football and he has some new weapons to tinker with in live action.

Last edited:
Sounds like the O-line was the difference maker on both sides of the ball according to Bedard.

Practice rundown #11 - Saints - Extra Points - Boston.com

EDIT: Sounds like you were there, What was your take?

Brady was not very Bradyesque today... Even in the 7 v 7's he had some sloppy passes after having a pretty good start.

The O line might have been the cause for some bad throws.... but some of the bad passes were relatively early/uncontested balls that went to no mans land or into the defenders arms.

The most telling point of the day was when Brady was walking to start the second 1:30 drill (the first one he threw the pick) and BB Ran over and inserted Hoyer. TB was not pleased.

I think this was good for the offense to get worked to show they are not as great as they think they are.

Hernandez is a pretty self absorbed guy(not that it is really that bad) It looked like he was having an issue with his right foot or ankle but played a lot of snaps

I thought Bolden looked very good and fast off the edge.

Last edited:
Brady was not very Bradyesque today... Even in the 7 v 7's he had some sloppy passes after having a pretty good start.

The O line might have been the cause for some bad throws.... but some of the bad passes were relatively early/uncontested balls that went to no mans land or into the defenders arms.

The most telling point of the day was when Brady was walking to start the second 1:30 drill (the first one he threw the pick) and BB Ran over and inserted Hoyer. TB was not pleased.

I think this was good for the offense to get worked to show they are not as great as they think they are.

Hernandez is a pretty self absorbed guy(not that it is really that bad) It looked like he was having an issue with his right foot or ankle but played a lot of snaps

I thought Bolden looked very good and fast off the edge.

Not that the pressure is important because the Pats OL was 1.2.3rd string, but did we get any pressure? on the left end and center is what Im looking at. Thanks

The NFL needs to move to 7 and 7 so Brady is more effective :eek:lol

Excited over a practice victory, your starting to sound like a Jet fan:p

Pherien, did you fly up this way to see the practice and preseason game? Just read your breakdown in the other thread, sounds like you were there.

Excited over a practice victory, your starting to sound like a Jet fan:p

Pherien, did you fly up this way to see the practice and preseason game? Just read your breakdown in the other thread, sounds like you were there.

LOL, oh god don't say that.
I looked at the reports and tho one sided, Im not inclined to agree with them.
We both came out with a good day from what I heard.

:) no, I was stuck at Goddard,,grr, I even had a ticket. I might have illegally aimed Gov satellites at gillette field :) Naw, I gave my tickets to a friend of mine and she's been calling me.
If I was there you would know it, Id be thrown out for constantly gabbing,smiling and bugging BB and Brady for a autograph :) My pal is telegraphing info to me. Hope she's been accurate or Ill cancel her return tickets.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the Saints have gonna own us on Thursday. I hope we score a touchdown at least

Yeah, it really does mean absolutely nothing from our perspective. After the first 2 preseason games we were screaming "top 5 defense" as the first team looked absolutely insane. No QB spent much time on his feet against the vanilla 43 we played.

Come regular season Miami lit them up.

LMAO

Still stuck on 250 yards of "lit up" in the final 8 minutes that helped Miami turn a 14 point deficit into a......14 defeat.

Stupid is as stupid posts.

Heath Evans had a very interesting perspective of the practice philosophies of the two teams.

He noted that the Saints will have long, high intensity practices at high speed.

Patriots practices are paced and more cerebral/execution focused...kinda game plan oriented.

It would not be suprising if BB likes to do with with the Saints as the first step towards getting "game ready".

Outside of the heat, Evans said the Saints players like the more measured pace and acclimating toward weekly preparation.

Last edited:
i wouldn't worry too much about the offense, guys. they struggled in the preason last year too.

PHP:

It means nothing, zero

Much like the preaseaon games most people here will freak out over

That's the impression I'm coming away with too. The Saints have actually seen live, in-game action so far this preseason whereas the Pats have not. It's no surprise they came out ahead of us.

i wouldn't worry too much about the offense, guys. they struggled in the preason last year too.

I stopped concerning myself with preseason results after 2003 when we went 0-4....we went on to win two straight super bowls....I say let's go 0-4 again this preseason!

That's the impression I'm coming away with too. The Saints have actually seen live, in-game action so far this preseason whereas the Pats have not. It's no surprise they came out ahead of us.

Its the same thing every single year in the preseason with some folks around here. Its crazy how they NEVER learn.

I stopped concerning myself with preseason results after 2003 when we went 0-4....we went on to win two straight super bowls....I say let's go 0-4 again this preseason!

We went 4-0 in the 03 preseason. We went 1-3 in 2004 and looked terrible doing it getting smoked by Jacksonville and Cincinnati.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back