PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats reportedly have received a preliminary offer for JG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can not see jimmy playing anywhere but in New England next season.

However, if we were to play the trading jimmy game, then a couple of things need to be pointed out.

1.) jimmy is not staying in the afc.

2.) the pats would have to sign a veteran backup qb (hoyer?) because brissett is still in diapers and being breast fed.

3.) Cleveland put a bullet in bb and bb then spent the next three years taking abuse from parcells. I'm sure he has not forgotten that.

4.) bb loves depth and competition in camp. So expect bb to draft a qb, even if he signs a veteran backup.

There's no way they can know if he's truly a franchise qb. And they arent going to franchise him for two years. That's ludicrous. Why not franchise him for 5 years until brady's 45? Very doable!! He's played 6 quarters and got injured on a,routine play.

And a new team isnt going to pay him starter money with guarantees. They dont want to get osweilered. It'd be a contract that allows them to walk away after a year or two with minimal cap hit. That's why they'd be willing to give up draft picks.

Best case, a high 2nd and 5th this year and if he is resigned to a longer term contract a first next year.

Yeah I'd rather have a really good chance to win a championship each of the next 3-5 years with the greatest QB EVER.

Agreed. We have a shot at tying the Steelers with the most Superbowls ever, except ours would be with just one quarterback (which is crazy when you think about it). I'd much rather focus on doing whatever it takes to maximize the chances of making that kind of history, rather than worrying about succession.

Damn, only a second.

Can't see the bottom of your two images for some reason, so apologies in advance if I'm off the mark with my comment, but I took it as more of a "peace out" gesture to the fans/area than I did him announcing the specific trade compensation received from the trading party, particularly due to his hashtag about "my family," or whatever it translates to.

That said, there's obviously a lot that can be interpreted here depending upon one's POV. He could just be ****ing us around for his own amusement. While unlikely, it's obviously a possibility.

You're trying too hard. We all love JG but unless something happens to Brady, we'll have a different successor. There's not way around it barring Brady being traded, cut or retiring before we expect. JG is insurance not a successor.

I certainly tried my best a month or so ago:
1. Jimmy is traded to Cleveland (pick your pick(s)) and signs long-term.
2. Jimmy struggles with inexperienced rookie-made team or/and gets injured.
(remember 2016: all 4 CLE QBs injured by week 5; JG injured by week 2)
3. Eventually CLE trades Jimmy back to NE (3rd round comp. f.e. / cond. 2nd)
just in time to take over from TB

Last edited:
Can't see the bottom of your two images for some reason, so apologies in advance if I'm off the mark with my comment, but I took it as more of a "peace out" gesture to the fans/area than I did him announcing the specific trade compensation received from the trading party, particularly due to his hashtag about "my family," or whatever it translates to.

That said, there's obviously a lot that can be interpreted here depending upon one's POV. He could just be ****ing us around for his own amusement. While unlikely, it's obviously a possibility.
Yeah, I think @Jlaff was joking with that one.

No I want Jimmy to stay

He is gone next year anyway. No way you can sign him to an extension without Brady retiring/getting injured. As he and many reporters have stated he wants to play and not sit on the bench.

Hey, I want 2 supermodels to...But I digress.

Anyhow, you'll likely get your wish.
Price will be seeing him leave after this season in 2018 free agency. MAYBE, we'll get a LATE 3rd round comp pick for him in 2019.

Last edited:
2.) the pats would have to sign a veteran backup qb (hoyer?) because brissett is still in diapers and being breast fed.

While I agree with you in concept, it's worth pointing out that if Brissett is our starting QB next year, it's because for some reason Tom Brady is not a thing that exists. At this stage that would instantly put this team into next-year mode no matter who the backup is, might as well have a QB on the grill that the idea is to develop them rather than playing half measures with a damaged-goods veteran. Might as well develop Brissett rather and see what he can give you at that point. He looked really good for a kid just starting to figure this stuff out last year and he'll have the two greatest football minds of our generation to learn from. I'd be pretty comfortable that with regular starts and this coaching staff, and TB12 for a mentor, they could develop Brissett in realtime over the course of a season if they had to, as long as the kid was willing to put the work in.

Last edited:

The biggest part of the tweet was " La Familgia" Family. That would mean to me the Patriots and believes he is going no where. If he believed he was going anywhere he would not be thinking as the Patriots as family. Maybe the two means two SB rings with his family team the Patriots. Maybe Sheftner is right.

There's no way they can know if he's truly a franchise qb. And they arent going to franchise him for two years. That's ludicrous. Why not franchise him for 5 years until brady's 45? Very doable!! He's played 6 quarters and got injured on a,routine play.

And a new team isnt going to pay him starter money with guarantees. They dont want to get osweilered. It'd be a contract that allows them to walk away after a year or two with minimal cap hit. That's why they'd be willing to give up draft picks.

Best case, a high 2nd and 5th this year and if he is resigned to a longer term contract a first next year.

And with your perspicacity trade Brady for a sixth which is where he was drafted too...

If the browns only have to give number 12 it would be a steal for them. They keep both second rounders.

Yeah was just joking, and not sure why the bottom image was added in there.

I really can not see jimmy playing anywhere but in New England next season.

However, if we were to play the trading jimmy game, then a couple of things need to be pointed out.

1.) jimmy is not staying in the afc.

3.) Cleveland put a bullet in bb and bb then spent the next three years taking abuse from parcells. I'm sure he has not forgotten that.

4.) bb loves depth and competition in camp. So expect bb to draft a qb, even if he signs a veteran backup.

I think its a completely different Cleveland browns team, I think BB's Browns are now the Ravens. So I don't think it has anything to do with it. I think BB will take the best offer as long as its not the AFC East.

There really are multiple scenarios that are possible. The only thing I will say is I never under estimate Bill to surprise me.

I think its 2 things most likley, they want to keep JG and possibly make him the starter in 2018

Or they are not getting the offers they want. Instead of trading him for a 2nd and a 4th round pick they think its best to keep him for the season and let him walk for a 3rd round comp pick.

If they did Franchise JG in his 5th year and Brady is still on the team, that would seem highly unlikely. Not impossible but thats also sending a message to Brady that dude this is your last season with the Patriots. We are not investing 20+ million dollars on a back up QB then letting him walk when your 42 years old.

Last edited:
And with your perspicacity trade Brady for a sixth which is where he was drafted too...
Utterly moronic comment. I didnt say trade him for a,second because he was drafted there. You have to read.

Utterly moronic comment. I didnt say trade him for a,second because he was drafted there. You have to read.

Azpatsfan is fixated on getting rid of Brady to test out his binky, he's impervious to logic or reality.

If the browns only have to give number 12 it would be a steal for them. They keep both second rounders.

I doubt that's the "preliminary offer." It's probably less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe