PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' last 3 freshman classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, is this your way of saying "Do not want?"

Pretty much. The only lower rating would be "Dumpster Fire Behind an Indian Restaurant at Noon in the Summer". Obviously I don't think much of the RB class, particularly with Lattimore rehabbing a knee. Since RB is pretty much the last place the Pats would look, that works out pretty well.

I'd like to see:
S
CB
interior OL
WR
DT

I agree with CB and WR. If they keep McCourty at safety (and why wouldn't they) I'm pretty happy with McCourty/Gregory/Wilson. Certainly happy enough to lower safety on the priority list.

Interior OL is more of an opportunity play. There are a handful of guys that could be targets that you take if they slide, particularly Jones, Thomas and Cooper (C only). There is a good mix of candidates on the interior right now if the Pats come up dry in the draft.

DT is the area I think the Pats want to get early. Getting a wide body to eventually take Wilfork's place (bunch of prospects) or a penetrator to run next to him or replace him on passing downs (Kawaan Short looked the part against ND) would be far easier this year than next. Wilfork is the one guy on defense whose absence is really felt when he is out. Deaderick and Love are fine...but that assessment changes without Wilfork ahead of them on the depth chart.

Love definitely deserves a solid B atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back