PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumor Pats inquired about a Deebo trade with SF

A report indicating the Patriots are potentially in the market for this player, or have expressed or plant to express interest.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Doubtful anything will happen but good to kick the tires you never know. Shame they weren't this interested 5 drafts ago...better late than never I guess.

Always a threat to either score or get hurt every time he touches the ball.

It just doesn't feel like the right fit for us. He's more of a gadget type player. Availability is in question.

That being said, we're still pretty devoid of talent overall and beggers can't be choosers. If he were cheap enough pick wise, maybe it's worth a flier.

For Aiyuk I'd offer a 2nd. For Deebo, probably only a 3rd or 4th. Not because he isn't talented but because of injury concerns. I could easily see him elevate his game in New England after a change of scenery as long as he can stay healthy.

For Aiyuk I'd offer a 2nd. For Deebo, probably only a 3rd or 4th. Not because he isn't talented but because of injury concerns. I could easily see him elevate his game in New England after a change of scenery as long as he can stay healthy.
Yeah no way I’d give 34 for him.

I feel like Demario is already a poor man's version of him. I'd rather use him in that role and obtain more of an Aiyuk type.

Nooooooo. Aiyuk or draft one

There are always many considerable factors on why the price should possibly be one thing, or another.

Good to see she’s already trying to warm the 49ers fans up to the idea that Deebo isn’t worth anywhere near what they think because the real goal is to get his guaranteed salary off the books to sign Aiyuk instead.

Pass. I don't like his style of play and he's too injury prone. The 49ers ruined him giving so many carries like a RB.

Dream scenario: We trade back 12 spots or so, pick up a 3rd.
Trade that 2nd with a future 3rd for Aiyuk (along with an extension)

If the 49ers trade Deebo now, they save $6.9M of cap. If they trade him after June 1st, they save $22.0M. I think if they're trading him, it's more likely to be after that date and involving next year picks.

Dream scenario: We trade back 12 spots or so, pick up a 3rd.
Trade that 2nd with a future 3rd for Aiyuk (along with an extension)
If you're trading back it better be for an OT.

Bills reportedly interested in trading for him too.

If they trade Aiyuk, my money is on WAS over us. There's the connection with the new QB. I also think that even though we're both coming off the same record, they have better core pieces in place and got the more NFL-ready QB so they'll willing to add more to their trade offer than us. We can offer #34, them #36. But I think they'd probably go above that with future picks over what we would.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back