PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats in the Superbowl. Book it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally have all of the pieces we need. Press man corners, coverage safeties, athletic lbs, penetrating dts, pass rushers, a complete offense, all the coaches, and motivation in place. Barring major injuries not making the SuperBowl would be a complete bust of a year. Pats vs Hawks im guessing.

The Jets already booked the superbowl... again.

Anyone who claimed that we were going to win it towards the end of last year was huffing glue. It was more than obvious that our best bet was to get the #2 seed, have a bye week + a game at home, then let the chips fall where they may in the AFCCG out in the thin air of Mile High.

We were intrigued to see a highly overachieving team continue to compete at a high level, and never gave up, but I highly questioned the sanity of posters who "expected" us to win.

I found that I enjoyed the playoffs a lot more last year than I have every year since 2007. I went in there with absolutely no expectation whatsoever of the team making the Super Bowl and just hoped we made the lives of a few teams complete hell before we got bounced. I started to gain a glimmer of hope before kickoff happened in Denver (naturally) but that glimmer was gone within a few minutes of the first quarter. This year I'm trying to surpress my hopes but it's hard to thinking about just how good that starting defense has the potential of being.

Last edited:
I hope so that's all I half to say about that is I hope so.

Yeah, a highly overachieving team made up in large part with street free agent replacements has never won a Super Bowl. Except for 2001. After losing their starting quarterback.

I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about, but if you were really one of those that "expected" to win (which is what we're talking about), then you are one optimistic SOB.

The odds of our insanely depleted and highly invisible receiving unit going into Mile High stadium and beating Manning and the Broncos for a 3rd consecutive time weren't too good.

Like most here, I was happy to see a severely injured team overachieve last season, but I wasn't feeling too confident heading into the AFCCG. Perhaps you felt much differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back