PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats in talks for deal with TE Daniel Fells

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Better Reciever than say Sam Aiken/ Isaiah Stanbeck
Better hands, probably, but Olsen is way too slow to line up at WR and not physical enough to be an all around TE.

Apparently (according to Chicago radio) the Bears were shopping Olsen over the weekend but didn't get any offers higher than a low 5th round pick in return. He's just not all that valued apparently.

Who said the Patriots do not sign any big name free agents?

Daniel Fells will make Patriots Nation happy (LOL)
Are the Jets boards so boring that you have to troll ours? GTFO

We should just clone Dallas Clark. That would save all this trouble...

I do not know much about Fells, but if this signing would lead to drafting Moeaki than I am all for it. I have been high on him since the draft process started and have seen him play a ton. If he stays healthy, he will be one of the best TE to come out this year.

On the other hand, hopefully this does NOT mean the patriots are high on Gresham and are wanting him at #22. That would be disappointing to say the least.

As far as picks for player trades are concerned, it is important to know that draft picks are more valuable in March and April before the draft and players are more valuable in July, August and during the season. That's why Boldin and others are traded "cheaply" at draft time and Burgess cost so much just prior to the season.

:confused:

Camp fodder at this early stage of the offseason?

On the other hand, hopefully this does NOT mean the patriots are high on Gresham and are wanting him at #22. That would be disappointing to say the least.

Gresham or Tebow at 22 would make me want BB's head on a platter

:confused:

A hidden gem at this early stage of the offseason?

If he's a gem, it's been extremely well hidden. We're talking "deep in the Earth's oceans" kind of hidden.

If he's a gem, it's been extremely well hidden. We're talking "deep in the Earth's oceans" kind of hidden.

Well, be honest. Have you seen a Rams game in the past three seasons :p

He's also a long snapper.

That's nice, but we already drafted the best college long snapper in the country in last year's draft. I think Ingram will be a keeper.

That's nice, but we already drafted the best college long snapper in the country in last year's draft. I think Ingram will be a keeper.

I know, I was just saying that he hasn't exclusively spent time at tight end.

I know, I was just saying that he hasn't exclusively spent time at tight end.

True. Versatility is always a plus for BB.
I think that the Pats must actively scout other team's rosters as well as draftees. Perhaps Fells caught BB's eyes when he was looking at film of him?

Last edited:
Rams fan here. I was disappointed that Fells wasn't tendered. He didn't have a good body of work but he showed flashes as a pass catcher, as a runner after the catch and a blocker. Randy McMichael was the in line TE nearly all the time but when the Rams went to two or three TE's, Fells would play as the move TE. He was in on about twenty snaps a game.

He's a big fast player with decent hands but he is very inconsistent. Maybe the Rams saw something in practice that made them unhappy but they seemed to want to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes