PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans ranked #15 in fan loyalty by bizjournal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there was a long thread on this over a month ago. Maybe yours can be merged into that one by the mods.

Regards,
Chris

Why make work for them?

Regards,
Pony

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
Why make work for them?
Regards,
Pony

I find it shocking that the Dolphins are ranked ahead of the Patriots on that list.. When the Patriots visit Miami the stadium is almost always at least 25% full of Patsfans. This season, with the Dolphins record, I'm sure it'll be more like 50%-75% patsfans.

It's hard to believe that Pittsburgh is #21. Their fans travel extremely well. New Orleans has the lowest per capita income, which is understandable, followed by Buffalo. Also, Foxboro is the 6th coldest location.

PonyExpress said:
It's hard to believe that Pittsburgh is #21. Their fans travel extremely well. New Orleans has the lowest per capita income, which is understandable, followed by Buffalo. Also, Foxboro is the 6th coldest location.
what 5 locations are colder?

Coldest: Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Good New! Thank You guy!

#15? Well, it's true I can be had, but like the movie line goes, I'm not cheap. :rolleyes:

Please correct my memory but I thought as of 2 years ago the Pats were #2 in regard to jersey's hat's etc.. sold
Raiders were #one
Pats always sell out the stadium,buy a lot of products.
Isn't that loyality?

Stats,stats,and Damn stats can be munipulated any way you want them.
cleveland,and green bay,buffalo,absolutely some of the others WTF.

Last edited:
HAMMERMILL said:
Please correct my memory but I thought as of 2 years ago the Pats were #2 in regard to jersey's hat's etc.. sold
Raiders were #one
Pats always sell out the stadium,buy a lot of products.
Isn't that loyality?

Stats,stats,and Damn stats can be munipulated any way you want them.
cleveland,and green bay,buffalo,absolutely some of the others WTF.
How did the Pats tickets and apparel sell when we were the lovable losers? It's not loyal for a bunch of people to jump on the Pats bandwagon. I didn't look at the poll so I don't know how they figured it out, but just going by real life experience, I wouldn't put Pats fans in the top 10. I can remember when Pats games got blacked out due to not selling out :(

jaychamp said:
How did the Pats tickets and apparel sell when we were the lovable losers? It's not loyal for a bunch of people to jump on the Pats bandwagon. I didn't look at the poll so I don't know how they figured it out, but just going by real life experience, I wouldn't put Pats fans in the top 10. I can remember when Pats games got blacked out due to not selling out :(

I Remember those times too.
And yes,the pats in those dark days were on the bottom of the food chain.
(but we supported them anyway)
The turn around was Parcells/Then Kraft and success.
Why should people be critisized when they were teenagers or younger at that time?
The Pats have also gathered fans based on their team first attidude.
They were a blessing in 2001(based on ther play-and tragedy's that happened in the country)
To me it's not based on (blind -longevity)based on there support on what they see "product on the field'.
The true test will be when the Pats become bad again,I don't see that happing soon:D

HAMMERMILL said:
I Remember those times too.
And yes,the pats in those dark days were on the bottom of the food chain.
(but we supported them anyway)
The turn around was Parcells/Then Kraft and success.
Why should people be critisized when they were teenagers or younger at that time?
The Pats have also gathered fans based on their team first attidude.
They were a blessing in 2001(based on ther play-and tragedy's that happened in the country)
To me it's not based on (blind -longevity)based on there support on what they see "product on the field'.
The true test will be when the Pats become bad again,I don't see that happing soon:D
'Tis a good point. I really have no issue with people that became Pats fans because of what they represent, just the flavour of the month people. The same people that won't support, buy tickets, or watch the Pats when the bad times come. Whatever though, people like us that went through all those bad times appreciate the SB wins that much more.

As discussed in the thread a month ago, the criteria used for ranking fan loyalty was, to say the least, suspect. In essense, the rankings are worthless.

TruthSeeker said:
As discussed in the thread a month ago, the criteria used for ranking fan loyalty was, to say the least, suspect. In essense, the rankings are worthless.
Fluctuations in attendance over a ten year period, correlated with team winning %, cold weather, and fan per capita income et. al. seem like decent criteria. This study was not referred to in the thread a month ago.http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=42510

Last edited:
TruthSeeker said:
It's interesting that they at least tried to do it in an objective way. Better than all of those lame top-10 lists.

PonyExpress said:
Coldest: Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Alriiiighttt!!! Take THAT Minnesota! "We're #6, we're #6....!"

Stopped reading after "Houston #7".

Lots of folks stay married seven years.

And another thing, how can you route for a team that is itself a location.

What it if the Patriots were called the New England, Foxboros. That's a team I want to root for. Though at least weith that you could have a mascot that was half-foc, half boro, as opposed to say, the the Pittburgh (West Side of the satte) Pensylvainians.
The Kansas City, Missourians?

PonyExpress said:
Fluctuations in attendance over a ten year period, correlated with team winning %, cold weather, and fan per capita income et. al. seem like decent criteria. This study was not referred to in the thread a month ago.http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=42510

Thanks, PonyExpress, my mistake. The studies are indeed quite different as one of them listed Pittsburgh as #2 and the other as #21. Just goes to show how hard it is to come up with good, objective criteria.

Based on the red-seat performances, it's hard to argue with that number.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes