PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fan w/ conscience ashamed of cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this team cheated like this i no longer support them. they have shamed this city and tarnished the super bowl victories. from here on in everyones minds those trophies have an asterisk, just like bonds hr record.

shoeless joe jackson, ben johnson, pete rose, barry bonds and bill bellicheat.

what a disgrace

:nono:

Like you ever supported them in the first place you jackhole...

BTW, you're embarrassing Andre Tippett by using him in your avatar picture.

Exactly. How can people not see the difference?

On top of that, as they said on the Big Show today, it'd be hard to prove we truly broke the rule and were using the tapes in the very game that was being played. I don't think that's how it was being used, as I don't even think that's feasible in terms of logistics.

well, when you break the rules of the game you are effectively cheating. say i'm in vegas playing roulette, and the dealer spins the wheel and sets the ball rolling.. i see the ball stop on red 9 and throw $1000 on 9 after the spin. do you think they'd pay me? no, i broke a rule. the rule was you can't put any bets down after the dealer waves his hand over the table. i broke the rule, so i effectively cheated. you're only trying to convince yourself that it wasn't cheating... non-homers can see it for what it is. open your eyes and don't be a sheep.

i dont see why so many on this board are defending the cheating and lashing out at the accusers and victims. if this team cheated like this i no longer support them. they have shamed this city and tarnished the super bowl victories. from here on in everyones minds those trophies have an asterisk, just like bonds hr record.

what a disgrace

Get over it. It was wrong, the Patriots got caught, it's over. Now if you're any kind of a fan, you'll be thinking about how the San Diego game will be played on Sunday night. That's the only thing of importance at this point. Any other holier-than-thou ****e is just posturing for yourself.

i dont see why so many on this board are defending the cheating and lashing out at the accusers and victims. if this team cheated like this i no longer support them. they have shamed this city and tarnished the super bowl victories. from here on in everyones minds those trophies have an asterisk, just like bonds hr record.

what a disgrace

Find another team to cheer for then....the Jets maybe?:D

what a disgrace

You're an idiot. Go watch golf.

well, when you break the rules of the game you are effectively cheating. say i'm in vegas playing roulette, and the dealer spins the wheel and sets the ball rolling.. i see the ball stop on red 9 and throw $1000 on 9 after the spin. do you think they'd pay me? no, i broke a rule. the rule was you can't put any bets down after the dealer waves his hand over the table. i broke the rule, so i effectively cheated. you're only trying to convince yourself that it wasn't cheating... non-homers can see it for what it is. open your eyes and don't be a sheep.

I don't know if anybody already said this, but do you consider it cheating when Chad Jackson receives a $50K fine from the NFL for "breaking league rules" with his endzone dances? We all know stealing signs isn't against the rules at all and really the only the the Patriots are actually in trouble for is using the camera to do it..... If you tell me how using the camera is so much more of an advantage than using binoculars from the press box than I'll agree but frankly I don't think you're going to.

Last edited:

what a disgrace

Don't let the door hit 'ya where the good Lord split 'ya! The fan bandwagon just got a little lighter.

TROLL ALERT!

Leaving so soon?
But you just joined us.:eek:

Because it was a common form of gamesmanship. The Pats aren't being punished for cheating. they're being punished for Randy Moss, 2 1st rd picks, Adalius Thomas, wealth, fame, and 3 titles. All the rented mules are tired of being beaten and staged a palace coup through an inbred buffoon of a commissioner who needs a butler to get his pants on.

bro you need to take your lithium.

Seriously, I am very disappointed that my team was indeed cheating, but it doesn't mean I'll stop being a fan. All we can do at this point is move on. If you're going to ditch them, then fine. I don't think we're any less of a fan for actually sticking with our team through everything though.

And to all the posters telling him off...he's justified in his decision, too. There's no need to ridicule him because he got turned off by all this cheating business. It hurts as a fan to know the team you follow so loyally turned out to be like this.

Because it was a common form of gamesmanship. The Pats aren't being punished for cheating. they're being punished for Randy Moss, 2 1st rd picks, Adalius Thomas, wealth, fame, and 3 titles. All the rented mules are tired of being beaten and staged a palace coup through an inbred buffoon of a commissioner who needs a butler to get his pants on.

Pony - your apt description of the matter made me laugh out loud. Why don't you go back to the alley you crawled out of, tom cat?

what a disgrace

You are no fan. No Patriots fans live in Newton anyway. Please go away forever.

Exactly right. Goodell, in part, is trying to restore competitive balance, the NFL's beloved parity.

i dont see why so many on this board are defending the cheating and lashing out at the accusers and victims.

There is no NFL rule against trying to "cheat" by stealing another teams calls/signals from the bench. The Patriots were punished for having a camera/video euipment on the sidelines.

what a disgrace

We cheer for the players, not for the coach. If you want to abandon your team due to BB errror, go ahead. You probably weren't a good fan anyway. So, did you stop being a fan when Rodney got caught cheating?...Hhmmm?

You should go be a Jet fan. They need people like you, maybe they will let you hold their sideline camera?

Seriously, I am very disappointed that my team was indeed cheating, but it doesn't mean I'll stop being a fan. All we can do at this point is move on. If you're going to ditch them, then fine. I don't think we're any less of a fan for actually sticking with our team through everything though.

And to all the posters telling him off...he's justified in his decision, too. There's no need to ridicule him because he got turned off by all this cheating business. It hurts as a fan to know the team you follow so loyally turned out to be like this.

Like I said a bunch of times, a month from now when you come down to our TX Stadium, all the talk will be "TO vs Moss, a battle of 2 malcontents", FWIW.

Like I said a bunch of times, a month from now when you come down to our TX Stadium, all the talk will be "TO vs Moss, a battle of 2 malcontents", FWIW.

Me thinks one of them is pretty content now...he has God as his QB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes