PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats deserve * for easy schedule???

Status
Not open for further replies.
godef
In the Starting Line-up Join Date: Sep 2004
My Zoints Profile

Re: Pats deserve * for easy schedule???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegameatatime
If you exclude the losses we have inflicted, we have:

6 games against teams > .500

2 teams at .500

3 teams < .500

You can't go by that. Remember that the schuedle is "balanced", ie 4 games vs 1st place teams (from last year), 4 games vs 2nd place teams, 4 games vs 3rd place teams and 4 games vs last place teams. If you suddenly take away a first place team from consideration, the remaining accumulated win/lost record is against a weaker schedule, which naturally looks better.

END QUOTE

I do not get your point. I was talking about the teams they have played so far this year. For example, Philly and Wash. are 5-6, but without Pats losses, they are 5-5, or .500. Buffalo has a winning record without the 0-2 against the Pats.

The Pats have beat the consensus #2 and #3 teams on the road. You don;t get much better than that.

"Then there was Sunday’s contest against the below-.500 Philadelphia Eagles, who were using a backup quarterback. But the key here is that the Eagles are near .500 and compared to most of the teams the Pats have played this season, that is a really tough foe."

u may stop readint, this guy has no idea wut hes talkin about...when we played philly, they were AT .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back