PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Booed at Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's nothing wrong with an "eff you" philosophy towards the rest of the league, especially when there is enough reason for it."

Fair enough. But don't adopt such a philosophy, and then openly wonder why people boo or hate you (not speaking about you in particular)....

But in many quarters the Yankees were revered for their history and for their past players like Ruth and Gerhig and Mantle.

I think the Pats are hated for being successful upstarts with no lineage, nothing to admire but a successful system.

the stealers were one of the worst franchises in the nfl, with no history, basically the laughingstock of the nfl. then they won some superbowls and everything else is revisionist history. that's why they got jettisoned to the afc in the first place.

But in many quarters the Yankees were revered for their history and for their past players like Ruth and Gerhig and Mantle.

I think the Pats are hated for being successful upstarts with no lineage, nothing to admire but a successful system.

Umm, don't ALL great teams, with a "lineage" have to start from medocrity, somewhere along the road? :confused:

Even the Yankees sucked in there first few decades as a professional baseball franchise.

THAT'S what I'm talking about!

We are the baddest mutha-****as in the jungle, Super Bowl loss or no Super Bowl loss!

I actually had one of my daughter's soccer teammates tell me Eli Manning is cute!

That in-bred, redneck, white-trash punk is now officially cuter than Brady!

The 15-year old girls of the nation have even turned!

Excellent: Give me a dissed Pats team for 2008 and let's see what happens!

I totally and completely disagree with you.

I look at the guys on our team and think total and complete class. Hard working, dedicated to the job.

I do not want to become the team everyone hates. The hate is associated with the fact that we were winning. But our team, our coach, our owner, nothing but total and complete class.

Sometimes you just have to rise over the scum.

FWIW, you're wrong. It was flag football. You stand corrected.

Yes, I guess I was wrong. Turns out I was not the only one--a number of internet stories about him have made the same error, probably the source of my confusion after all this time.

No need for the pissy attitude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes