PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Booed at Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, it was a beach volleyball game, not flag football.

And as BP points it, it was league-sanctioned.

No it was flag football. I was right there when it happened. In fact I was standing just a few feet away from him when he was first lifted onto a folding table. I certainly had no idea it was that serious but he was immediately provided all the medical attention available and in fact I believe that the doctor was commended for his work.

As for Boston Patriot claiming that anyone playing in the Pro Bowl is stupid, he should realize that he insulting every one of the greatest players since the Pro Bowl has been around: Walter Payton, Joe Montana, Lawrence Taylor, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and many many more.

yea it does not hurt that tom brady, randy mos and bill bilichick are there also. thats like saying stephen neal will win you 8 games alone using that logic

Stephen Neal is good for 1-2 games, I will give you that. But he's no Wes Welker.

welker.jpg

The only thing that kills me is Wilfork saying that people hate you when you're on "top" - um, Vince, we haven't been on top for 3 years. We've flirted with it a little, but fans hate us for an entirely different reason. Players weren't getting booed in 2004.

We are on top. No other team has a better winning percentage or more playoff wins since 2001 than we do.

As for Boston Patriot claiming that anyone playing in the Pro Bowl is stupid, he should realize that he insulting every one of the greatest players since the Pro Bowl has been around: Walter Payton, Joe Montana, Lawrence Taylor, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and many many more.

It's like playing in traffic. Sooner or later, someone is going to get hurt. I
just hope it's not one of our guys. Been there, done that.

No it was flag football. I was right there when it happened. In fact I was standing just a few feet away from him when he was first lifted onto a folding table. I certainly had no idea it was that serious but he was immediately provided all the medical attention available and in fact I believe that the doctor was commended for his work.

He was thisclose to having his leg amputated from what I've read. That was a shame.

This is not surprising. You know your team's made it when you're either loved or hated...I would just say there is a lot of haters out there, naturally with success, but not everyONE hates on the patriots. There are a lot of fans who have respect, its just the haters spend more energy obsessing on their object of hate while those nonfans with respect dont waste too much energy on another team.

I live in the midwest so I'm really getting sick of some ppl i never talk to who have come out of the woodwork to give me **** for the SB. the funniest part about that is they are either bears/bengals/colts fans so they have to shut up real quick once they realize they have no room to talk. The only team's season I would take over ours this year would have been the giants, and thats bc they got the ultimate goal, but that's the ONLY team's season. Ours was second best.

Last edited:
FWIW, it was a beach volleyball game, not flag football.

And as BP points it, it was league-sanctioned.

FWIW, you're wrong. It was flag football. You stand corrected.

i love it, its us against the world, it makes every win sweeter when people do not want us to win

Tom Brady and Randy Moss have been to the Pro Bowl before. I think they both were nursing minor injuries that prevented them from playing. And I can't blame them if they weren't up for it emotionally. Brady is probably somewhere abroad at some private resort enjoying some R&R with GF Gisele (can't blame him for choosing her company over 40-odd men in hot and humid Hawaii :)). Wilfork, Vrabel, Koppen were enjoying (at least trying to) their first Pro Bowl selection.
The booing just shows that there are idiots everywhere who believe everything they read or see in the media.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

FWIW, you're wrong. It was flag football. You stand corrected.

Flag football, on the beach/sand. That's probably where kolbitr is confused.

Last edited:
Hahahaha, as if they weren't going to be motivated enough going into next year. Thanks for doing your part, idiots in the crowd.

NFL Patriots= MLB Yankees... as far as the media is concerned.

But in many quarters the Yankees were revered for their history and for their past players like Ruth and Gerhig and Mantle.

I think the Pats are hated for being successful upstarts with no lineage, nothing to admire but a successful system.

The only thing that kills me is Wilfork saying that people hate you when you're on "top" - um, Vince, we haven't been on top for 3 years. We've flirted with it a little, but fans hate us for an entirely different reason. Players weren't getting booed in 2004.

That's what's so sweet!!! The Patriots haven't won it all since '04 yet they're considered the gold standard of the NFL. :rocker:
BTW that will not change next year. The Patriots are already considered a prohibitive favorite to win it all.
Hate away America!! LOVING IT!!! ;)

But in many quarters the Yankees were revered for their history and for their past players like Ruth and Gerhig and Mantle.

I think the Pats are hated for being successful upstarts with no lineage, nothing to admire but a successful system.

The Niners were upstarts in the '80's; there was the usual fan jealousy w/ them, but nothing like the vitriolic hate for the Pats.

It isn't fair, because I think BB is misunderstood & mischaracterized, but the hate starts with him. Running up the score in a few games & the adoption of the "eff the NFL" philosophy doesn't help, either.

The Niners were upstarts in the '80's; there was the usual fan jealousy w/ them, but nothing like the vitriolic hate for the Pats.

It isn't fair, because I think BB is misunderstood & mischaracterized, but the hate starts with him. Running up the score in a few games & the adoption of the "eff the NFL" philosophy doesn't help, either.

you can't compare the 80's w/this era.
a lot of what you hear from fans isn't original thought or opinion, it's just regurgitated crap they parrot from whatever internet gossip column they happen to read, or from the nonstop coverage.
25 years ago people weren't inundated every minute of the day like they are now, and it's partly the nonstop brainwashing that gets into the heads of some of the unwashed masses.
this has really turned into more of a wwf thing than actual football.

when did you ever hear people crying about 'running up the score' 25 years ago?

I find this part interesting. I guess technically the Pats weren't supposed to be dominant. No team is supposed to be dominant under the salary cap era. Add that to the fact that the Patriots only went to two Superbowls before 2001, we have a sixth round draft QB leading the players and yeah, the team is the new kids on the block in terms of dynasty.

I for one, enjoy this massive hating. Let them hate. I'll take satisfaction in the fact that hating the Pats will not make their teams have a better season, Giants excluded.:rocker:

It seems to me, that other teams fans are very envious of the continued success the Patriots are having. After 2003, most of them were probably hoping that the Pats success was over and that they would fall back into mediocrity as other teams have done. The hate has been building since then, because the Patriots stay successful despite a system that encourages parity, or at least that successful teams will have some "down" years. The Patriots are 'beating' the system by the way they do their business. That can turn occasional jealousy into envy and hate. And every rumour that validates their negativity towards the Patriots, voila...
Maybe the Patriots should make some kind of videoclip to be played before every play-off game, with the text nothing more than: "GUESS WHAT? WE'RE BACK...AGAIN"

BB considers the media a necessary evil. No matter what you say or do, it will turn into something negative if it serves a purpose to do so. Negative news sells better than positive news. Sometimes I think BB is deliberate in his non-answer answers. And yeah, that can turn some media types against you.

Were they running up the score against some defenseless poor lower division teams? No! No! No! They maximized their scoring efficiency: they scored because the opposing defense blew a coverage, or forgot to make a decent tackle. We've seen in previous seasons how the offense had to settle for fieldgoals, because promising drives stalled. It's not the offense's job to deliberately screw up opportunities, it's the defense's job to prevent scores to the best of their ability. I haven't heard anyone complaining about the Colts putting up plenty of TDs in previous seasons, like when Peyton went after Marino's TD record. Or did I miss something?

There's nothing wrong with an "eff you" philosophy towards the rest of the league, especially when there is enough reason for it.

Spygate has lingered on, because the NFL, especially Roger Goodell, didn't conclude it successfully. They never gave a clear and sufficient explanation for their actions with the video material. So doubts remained about the content of the material, and although destroying the material was the best way to make sure nobody else could abuse it, their half-hearted approach made it look like there was a cover-up of some sorts. If Goodell doesn't want Congress to look into the matter, he will have to give a d**n good explanation to Congressman Specter. Congressional hearings will only lead to a witch hunt against the Patriots, and that will give the NFL a serious black eye in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back