PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' 3rd best player???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuel, then Warren, Vrabel, Wilfork, Mankins, Welker...

But we are only slightly above average on D with those guys. We are record setting on offense with Moss.

I'd say #3 is Asante. He has completely shut down his side of the field this season. I don't recall him getting beat once.

He's so good that he is unfortunately making Hobbs (a decent #2 corner IMO) look bad simply because the high volume of passes that are going Hobbs's way.

that should be a blessing for a #2 guy. You get opportunities to make plays..you get a lot of passes your way to prove to league how good you are. he hasnt taken advantage of that whoever..he doesnt get his hands on a lot of balls and gets pushed around and gets beat deep at least once a game.

Hi guys i am new here. I have been a pats fan for several years now.

Personally I think Tedy Bruschi is the 3rd best he goes out does his job leads the defense similar to Harrison with his experience the D is a better unit with him on it. He leads the team in tackles this year has been a solid worker and I think he is underrated.

Vilfork has had a great season he is a beast on the Dline. Samuel covers one side of the field. Welker is a great route runner and possession receiver but gets more chances than most in his position with the outside guys we have. Vrabal had done a great job all year both as a LB and as a TE he commands respect off a defense when he lines up. Gaffney has just started to come into play properly now but if he had played like he has the past few games he would have been up there for 3rd too. And finally Gay has had a great season he has good solid numbers for a 3rd string CB.

I believe if you go round the league you could find people to fill everyones place listed above but not Bruschi because of the soul, passion and enthusiasm he plays with and puts into the team.

Randy Moss... says Hello.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes