PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' 3rd best player???

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
We had this debate last year. It was pretty much a given. That most had TB nr. 1. And Seymour nr. 2. I thought Ty Warren had a spectacular season last year and was nr. 3. For arguments sake. Can we say Moss is 2nd. Who is 3?
My candidates are Samuel,Wilfork and Vrabel. I'll comment on those 3. Would also like to point out great seasons by Mankins and Koppen. But, we've seen that our interior line is usually ok even given an injury or two.

3. A.Samuel - CB - LCB is IMO the hardest position in the league to play. Considering the types of athletes he's going against. He's been so good, teams aren't throwing at him much. I won't compare him to Mike Haynes. But, he's certainly developed into a Ty Law level cb. Now, let's re-sign him.

4a M. Vrabel - lb - When I think of the face of this franchise. After Brady, he comes to mind. Smart,tough, multi-talented player. Tough vs run. Has had an excellent season rushing the passer. Probably, a better set of hands than all but 6-7 te's in the league too.

4b V.Wilfork - NG - Another tough position to play. Big Vince took some heat for his play in the AFCCG last year. Looks like he's droppped 25-30 lbs. Increasing his quickness and stamina. He's had a better season than his more highly regarded linemates Seymour and Warren. See him a lot on Fox Sports NE now Comcast. Another one of those Pats who gets it. And, always seems to say the right things.

Thoughts???...Let er rip.

Re: Pats 3rd best player???

Chris Hanson calm, cool collected. I don't think I have ever seen him sweat. Always looks rested. I tell you he is an under-appreciated anchor of the team. :)

Welker.....

Soon to be two time Pro Bowler Christopher David Hanson.

His replica jersey is the hottest seller at my local Sports Authority this season.

I think you're right on with those three, with Welker, Mankins and Harrison being close behind.

Last edited:

Tough list to choose from but my man Vince is my pick.

I am pickin Asante, seeing the Steelers COMPLETELY avoid him Sunday told me all I needed to know.

Wilfork is not #3 he is #2

Top 3 in terms of plain value to this team in wins:

1. Brady - duh!
2. Wilfork
3. Koppen

Never underestimate the centers of both lines. They are KEY on any team and we have two of the very best!

Seymour is not nor has been the second best player on this team for a while.

He's been outclassed on the line by Wilfork and Warren for a while now, not to mention neither of those two suffer from his durability issues.

Brady.
Moss.
Wilfork.
Warren.
Vrabel.
Mankins.
Samuel.
Harrison.
Welker.

In that order.

My #3 has to be Welker.

The D has been good but not great like in past seasons. Clearly the '07 Pats' strength is it's offense. Welker has made a lot of tough catches in traffic.

#4a is Wilfork. The dude's a beast

#4b is Mankins. A beast on the line (future Pro-Bowler, IMO)

Last edited:

According to some on the board, they make it sound like its Maroney; he just hasn't had the opportunity to showcase it because we don't need his yardage.

My take:
Samuel

Don't forget Harrison. So many players who are so important. And the Patriots had fortunately avoided a lot of major injuries this year.

Good question. I'd say we have about 10 3a players, depending on who you like.

I wrote out a long winded response, but my first line sums it up.

Maybe a poll would help get a barometer on what people thought.

For me it's Wilfork EASILY.

this year:

Brady
Moss
Wilfork

Before the start of the season, I would have bet everything it would be Adalius. However, after week 14, I would say Asante. Can anyone tell this guy is playing in a contract year or what?

top 5

brady
moss
wilfork
samuel
thomas

According to some on the board, they make it sound like its Maroney; he just hasn't had the opportunity to showcase it because we don't need his yardage.

My take:
Samuel

Way to try and ruin a thread by bringing up that topic. Nobodies ever going to change anybody elses mind on that topic.

Can't we just leave it alone?

My choice would be Samuel as well.

I dont think Seymour can even sniff the top 5 this year, have you watched any games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents